Can I dream a lucid one?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Zerelth

Can I dream a lucid one?

Postby Zerelth » 07 Dec 2014 12:49

Actually, in recent years, rarely have I dreamed (or remembered my dream). The most recent dream I actually remembered part of it was like, 2 weeks ago. So I wonder if I can do lucid dreaming, since I suppose that I have to remember my dream in order to have a lucid dream right?
Also, Idk what do I really have to do in order to do the WILD method...My sleeping hours are not that long in order to do WBTB, so can I fix it by taking an afternoon nap instead?

HAGART

Re: Can I dream a lucid one?

Postby HAGART » 08 Dec 2014 06:06

Yes, an afternoon nap might help. I've learned recently that having a solid block of sleep is not natural and we actually are biphasic sleepers by nature. It was the invention of the light-bulb and the 9-5 work day, that has messed this up. They are new to us in the grand evolution of time. So yea, it's worth a shot. Trying to WILD (which I still can't do purposefully) is best after getting your first sleep period out of the way, before you go back and have prolonged REM periods. For me, although I don't successfully WILD, it does tend to become DILDs more frequently after a good 1-2 hours of Waking before Back To Bed.

Can you lucid dream if you don't remember your dreams? Perhaps, but you won't remember, so what's the point? I've actually had a few lucid dreams earlier in the night and can barely remember them after I wake up because there were so many other dreams that erased over them. So I must say, you should first build up your dream recall. How do you do that? You simply remember. Writing them down helps. Even if you only remember a few snippets here and there. The next day or week, you should start to remember more and more, and it becomes second nature. Just like working out your muscles, our brains can be trained too through brain plasticity.

"They say dreaming is dead, no one does it anymore. It's not dead it's just that it's been forgotten..."
-Waking Life (2001).
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 08 Dec 2014 12:55

If you're in a rut and you can't remember any dreams even to start off with, you could go to a health store and purchase vitamin B6 supplements. I would advise against this, however; its a last resort only to be utilized if you simply cannot remember anything each morning. Start journaling, waking up in the night and jotting down anything you remember--even if it's only a mental image or a word or two. Gradually wean yourself from the supplement and naturally begin to remember your dreams.

I personally think journaling is the single most important aspect of lucid dreaming. It increases vividity and consciousness, and in my opinion, lucid dreaming is impossible if you're not remembering any of your dreams.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Zerelth

Postby Zerelth » 08 Dec 2014 15:05

Thanks for your advice, guys. But now I can only recall a part of two dreams, though the later was quite...vivid I suppose? (Since I was able to remember my feelings in that scene and things). But anyway, it's a start...(and IDK whether I'd remember any dream from now, well let's hope so XD).

But wait...the WILD Method was somewhat...ineffective to me. I tried to lie down and relax my whole body, while still keeping my head a bit above my feet (to prevent the swallowing reflex from ruining my stance), and I did feel my body was going numb, like it doesn't want to response to my commands. But the problem is, I can't enter hypnagogia state. Any suggestions?

Return to “For Beginners”