Improved Dream Recall - but dreams are very vague

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
jameshendo127

Improved Dream Recall - but dreams are very vague

Postby jameshendo127 » 10 Dec 2014 02:04

After utilising a dream journal and the 90-minute technique, I've been able to remember dreams more frequently than I used to, however the dreams are still very vague and hazy with very little detail.

To be a little more specific, I can remember the events and what has happened in my dream, however I have difficulty remembering my surroundings and environment in which they are happening.

Are there any other techniques which can directly help to make my dreams more detailed?

GalMutzafy

Re: Improved Dream Recall - but dreams are very vague

Postby GalMutzafy » 12 Dec 2014 14:23

First of all don't worry, with time your recall would improved, I also struggle to remember a lot of details, most of what I remember is if person was there, where it was and a little what happened.

I suggest you to do MILD before bed and say ''I''l remember vividly all of my dreams'' and sentences like that, say that a lot of times before failing asleep and It can help you a lot.

But most important - keep writing down your dreams.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

HAGART

Re: Improved Dream Recall - but dreams are very vague

Postby HAGART » 13 Dec 2014 21:01

What's the 90 minute technique?

jameshendo127 wrote:I can remember the events and what has happened in my dream, however I have difficulty remembering my surroundings and environment in which they are happening.

I notice my early dreams in the night tend to be like this. I can remember them and there was no well defined surroundings at all really. I wake up and record what I can remember. Then when I go back to sleep my dreams tend to be far more vivid. And REM get's longer and longer so the last dream I have in the early morning is usually the clearest.

So waking up briefly and going back to sleep clears your mind and makes dreams more vivid in my experience.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “For Beginners”