Few questions and stories (not really beginners)

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
thepoet

Few questions and stories (not really beginners)

Postby thepoet » 16 Dec 2014 01:06

First, I would like to introduce myself. I am a twenty-one year old poet from a country you guys probably didn't even heard of. For a few days I have read some of the topics in this forum and I finally decided to join. Therefore I send you my regards.
The post will be long, you can read it or not if you want, but please read the questions I have marked. Though I think you need to read something from the post in order to answer them.

Now, I have always been a vivid dreamer and a person with wild imagination. Have had a few lucid dreams before but never really had the will to start exploring them more. Then in the last two years lucid dreams appeared more often and I started recognizing some patters... In the last couple of months however, I have gained quite a nice lucid power. I started experiencing lucid dreams regularly. It gives me pleasure to see that a lot of techniques people on this website suggest, I managed to discover on my own. Some were new.

I will share some of my past experience and I have some questions, questions than need answers. I am an alcoholic. Though I say yes and no to alcohol with my free will, at least I hope so; I am an alcoholic since I drank quite a lot in my life and as a result I have a few alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Lets just say the day after the drinking is more than terrible, but I fight it off and drink again few days after the withdrawal and so on and so on.
Therefore, I have seen my share of the most terrible nightmares one can imagine. I have no fears!

I think sleep paralysis which started occurring recently in every 3-4 days is a consequence of the early stages of alcoholism. I control the SP, even though it catches me of guard sometimes, but in the end I always control it and then I enter the lucid dream. I will try avoiding the SP with direct entering into the lucid dreams with the help of the WILD guide I read.

Few days ago, SP hit me and the demon with the cloak started to strangle me. I controlled the SP and some kind of euphoria hit me. Then I entered the LD but I imagined demon was still besides my bed. I told him - Give me one genius song and I will give you my life.
- Just one?! - Demon replied with laughter
- Just one.
- Don't forget me. - He told me and went away with a smile.
I woke up and wrote a song about the dream. So, in a way I sold my soul. :D

I have been talking to the dream characters for quite a while. I am always trying to find inspiration and often I ask them to tell me some lyrics, to give me some ideas... Bastards are tough, but every once in a while something pops up.
My first question is, does any of you artists seek inspiration in the lucid dreams, do they help you? And do you have some tips for me?
A month ago I imagined a whole lucid dream about me travelling to the source of inspiration, which I imagined was a lake. I gave myself a whole quest in the dream, and was on a verge to complete it but roommate woke me up. Ah. I will try it again, even though it probably won't make any sense.

Another question, is it possible to stop time in the dreams, or just slow it down? What I mean is, if the lucid dream last for 5 min in real time can it last for 24 hours in the LD? Concept is a paradox probably but I tried to do it with false lucid awakenings. I went lucid somewhere around 6 am, my alarm woke me in 6:30 am. The dreams really felt like eternity but its just the feeling. During my false lucid awakenings I lost my lucid state and went into normal dream. It is too hard to keep track of the thoughts, when I am always changing the scenery with the desire to forget and remember the lucid state. I am not sure what I did, was pretty confusing.

A year ago when I was on a vacation I had the most terrifying dream experience. During my vacation I slept little, very little and I drank a lot. Then it caught up with me and when I fell asleep one morning I couldn't wake up. I actually counted the false awakenings and got to the number of thirty something, but there were more I am sure. Since I couldn't count them all, half of them were dreams, half lucid ones... Crazy time. Felt like true eternity, thought I was lost forever. When I finally woke up (and I did it in the same manner false awakenings happened, I didn't know I woke up. Well, part of me knew, part of me didn't. Took me like 15 minutes to realize it was reality. Hah, maybe I am still stuck in that room? :lol:

Another question, do you guys think it is possible to imagine every little thing in the lucid dream? Like every physical law to be unique, every scenery to be extra-ordinary, every picture to be surrealistic. In a way it is, but to do it with free will.

And the last question, is 360 degree view possible?

I have wrote too much, damn. Well, I wish you all the best.

taniaaust1

Re: Few questions and stories (not really beginners)

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Dec 2014 05:40

Anything is possible in a LD. Anything you can think of or dream one could say :lol:
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

belle-lavande

Postby belle-lavande » 29 Dec 2014 17:09

That's very interesting. I can't say I have any lucid dreaming experience, because I learned about it yesterday and I was already using some of the techniques for reality check and things like that. I also want to know how the time in dreams work..
I want to ask you how do you control the lucid dreams? Last night I was in one, but I couldn't change anything about it (I really tried). I was just fully conscious or at least very close and I was able to move freely and do whatever I wanted.

thepoet

Postby thepoet » 03 Jan 2015 13:22

belle-lavande wrote:That's very interesting. I can't say I have any lucid dreaming experience, because I learned about it yesterday and I was already using some of the techniques for reality check and things like that. I also want to know how the time in dreams work..
I want to ask you how do you control the lucid dreams? Last night I was in one, but I couldn't change anything about it (I really tried). I was just fully conscious or at least very close and I was able to move freely and do whatever I wanted.

Don't worry, it will come with practice. For me, it is hard to explain, it's like I am a whole different person in the dreams, with similar but also different memories... When you realize you are dreaming try not to think much about the scene you wish to happen, but sort of make it happen. Sure, imagine it, but project it! I tend to use my hands like a power tool for changing scenes. Or I devise some plan which will follow me through to something different. Just woke from one lucid. In it, I wanted to relive a moment from my memory. The problem was I was in 100% different scene. So I projected a balloon around me from which I was slowly escaping to the other side. And the other side was my wished scene.

Maybe use tunnels, stairs, cloths, curtains and etc. Don't rush too much, start slow. Realize that anything is possible and that the dream has little connection to the reality.

Lucid quests are something that interests me a lot. For instance, two night ago I wanted to get to the top of mountain where a certain priest would give me answers I needed. Mountain was high and there was water between us, I had to fly. I started flying and to fill my time of reaching the top, I painted buildings and sidewalks with several colors. When I reached the sea I stopped in air and tried to divide it into two big walls like Moses did in the Bible. Couldn't do it, so I projected stormy weather and then made it clear with my hands. After which I divided the water! Eventually I reached the church which was amazing btw, especially the gate, and I reached the priest. He was distracted and when I asked him to give me answers he started speaking gibberish. Damn dream characters, you never know.

Return to “For Beginners”