lucid dreaming recall

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Soulkashi

Re: lucid dreaming recall

Postby Soulkashi » 16 Dec 2014 22:43

I acually have another question sorry XD how long did it take yoy to have a ld and what were your triggers and using what method and what reality check?(:

[ Post made via Android ] Image

MercyStrange

Postby MercyStrange » 16 Dec 2014 23:11

Don't be sorry! I'm actually really happy to be useful for once xD I don't have many people to talk to about Lucid dreaming, so this is great! I chose to count my fingers every hour(or when I remembered) and I'd really make sure I wasn't dreaming by looking around for a second. I had my first Lucid dream a week after I began the techniques(Even though I gave up eventually). I'll actually put my dream journal entry for the dream(Just a warning, I didn't yet know how to stabilize LD's at the time, so it wasn't all that great XD)
"I'm standing in the middle of a city, but there are no people. I wonder why? There is no light, but I can see perfectly. I count my fingers suddenly, without looking at them, and something feels off. I look down and count them, this time by looking at them. My hands... I have not 5, but 7 fingers on each hand! I smile, getting too excited, And I'm running now, but the dream is getting blurry.It ends before I can do anything else." So, my trigger in the dream was that I was learning to question my surroundings, and because there was no people in the middle of a city, and I could see, even though there was no light. It made me question the reality, so I did the reality check, and learned it was a LD. Now HUGE advice here: when you have your first Lucid dream, don't be dumb like me XD Stabilize the dream, if you can. When you realize your in a dream, stay calm, and rub your hands together, and shout "Clarity Now!" or even say "I'm dreaming" out loud every so often. It will make the dream last longer. I started doing this in my more recent LD's and it really works!
"For a Dreamer, Night's The Only Time of Day."

Soulkashi

Postby Soulkashi » 16 Dec 2014 23:30

Wow thats awesome haha i cant wait till i can and im glad to here that becuase your the only one i know whos into lucid dreaming haha thats funny how weird it is when you give up you end up having a vivid or lucid dream maye im trying to hard i try mild every night when i wake at night i try dild and mild and do fingers through hand reality check but i hardley remeber my dreams and it usslly makes me fustated in the mornigs haha(:

MercyStrange

Postby MercyStrange » 16 Dec 2014 23:34

I think the first major step is recalling dreams, but Like I said before, You'll start remembering them more and more. You're probably right though xD I would assume trying so hard like that just frustrates the mind, so when you let go, it just happens naturally. In some cases xD But yeah, just keep trying.

Soulkashi

Postby Soulkashi » 16 Dec 2014 23:39

Ill keep trying and give it a month or two(: thanks for the advice veryhelpful thank you!!(:

Soulkashi

Postby Soulkashi » 18 Dec 2014 14:50

My dream recall is getting better last night i had 2 dreams(: and one of them i dreamt that i dreamt about a lucod dream and did a reality check of holding my nose and i vould still breath and in that dream in a dream i relized i was dreaming and woke up, and do you ever have a problem where you relize your dreamingbut can do anything it just continues on but your not in control?

MercyStrange

Postby MercyStrange » 18 Dec 2014 15:49

So you actually had a Lucid dream? I've actually had dreams where I talk about Lucid dreaming and I've even told Dream characters about it and in one the DC was so mesmerized by it, he even said he wanted to try it xD As for not being able to control: When I first started having LD's yes. In one, I realized I was dreaming, but the dream moved on and I couldn't do anything. It eventually took over, and I forgot I was dreaming. In another, I couldn't run, because the air seemed so thick. I think this has a lot to do with getting used to the dream world. Like, Gravity and stuff doesn't exist in the dream world, but our minds don't really get that xD so getting used to the dream world can take some experimenting and practice. If you read some things on this site about that, it gives great ideas for changing the scene, etc. Like In my first LD I couldn't change the scene, because I just tried "willing" it to happen. But using a technique i read about, I started using doors to go through and have a new scene ready xD So when tackling issues about control and changing things, You'll need to practice it. It's not that hard, but the biggest thing, is remembering your dreaming. That's why stabilizing the dream is important. After you realized you were dreaming did you get excited? Or just simply woke up after the realization hit? Also to be clear, did you actually dream you were having a lucid dream? or was it an actual lucid dream?

Soulkashi

Postby Soulkashi » 18 Dec 2014 22:15

XD im pretty sure i dreamt i dreamt i had a reality check all i remeber is holding my nose and being able to breathe and thought im dreaming then i woke up everything was hazy and didnt make sense haha i dont think it was a lucid i think i just dreamt about dreamingof having one but hopefully that means im getting close!!(:

MercyStrange

Postby MercyStrange » 19 Dec 2014 00:46

Yeah, sounds like you are getting pretty close xD Hopefully you'll have you're first LD soon. Keep me posted :)

Soulkashi

Postby Soulkashi » 19 Dec 2014 02:31

I will thanks alot bruh!!!(: or gruh im sorry if thats wrong we never really talked about each other xD but thats thanks alot!!(:

Return to “For Beginners”