Weed, Cheese & Lucid Dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
OaklandRaiders

Weed, Cheese & Lucid Dreaming

Postby OaklandRaiders » 22 Dec 2014 20:21

First post and grateful to be a part of such a mind-blowing website. I'm an avid weed smoker (everyday) and do remember my dreams with helps of constant reality checks and an inner-will to just remember them despite the fact that marijuana reduces REM sleep. However, like everyone else, my dreams are more vivid when I stop chiefin for a few days. SO MY QUESTION IS: will eating cheese counter the marijuana intake to make my dreams just as vivid as if I took a tolerance break? I hope this makes sense

JonSnowLD

Re: Weed, Cheese & Lucid Dreaming

Postby JonSnowLD » 27 Dec 2014 11:24

I'm no expert... but won't alcohol and marijuana cause REM rebound anyway? as the effects wear off during the night, your body should make up for the lost REM sleep with longer stages of it later on in the night! although, if you say your dream recall is better when you lay off the magic broccoli what I just said could be complete rubbish ;)

As for the cheese, I think you need to eat strong cheese just before bed, but I imagine the marijuana would still suppress the REM sleep and by the time it had worn off, any effects the cheese would have had might have run out as well. I'm blindly rambling so I'll stop... try it and report back! ;)
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

MercyStrange

Postby MercyStrange » 27 Dec 2014 19:53

Personally, I doubt Cheese will help much, if at all. Cheese and other foods like chicken, etc., help improve dream recall and even making dreams more vivid, because they are rich in vitamin B6 and tryptophan(which apparently helps a bunch), but Marijuana and alcohol make REM sleep difficult. You'd have to take supplements with large amounts if you wanted to counter the effects of taking alcohol or weed, and that's not the greatest idea, without consulting a doctor, because taking too many supplements of anything can be harmful. Honestly, dude, I'd lay off the weed. Frankly it's not good for you. Naturally, it is great when used for medical purposes, but everyday? Not so much. If I were you, I'd do a little research on the long term effects of smoking/eating/etc. weed everyday.
"For a Dreamer, Night's The Only Time of Day."

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 29 Dec 2014 04:51

Cheese and broccoli go well together!
:mrgreen:

But seriously I've never heard of the ChILD method: Cheese Induced Lucid Dream. :D
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

OaklandRaiders

Postby OaklandRaiders » 30 Dec 2014 21:41

Yoo thanks 4 the feedback everybody! as my man Snow said, the cheese does make my dreams more vivid however because of my marijuana intake it suppresses my REM so it just makes my vivid dreams more unclear and not as long. I think imma just chief on the weekends. I'm a college kid guys, I gotta blaze lol

OaklandRaiders

Postby OaklandRaiders » 30 Dec 2014 21:46

I have been doing some recent experiments with dreams foods and marijuana recently. For example, I smoked before going to sleep last night and eat a banana with some almonds, only to have another of of those vivid, unclear dreams. (By vivid & unclear I mean I knew I was dreaming and my emotions were attached, but couldnt find the purpose or what it was really about). So yeah, Im just blazing on the weekends now lol

Return to “For Beginners”