How do I enter a lucid dream from sleep paralysis?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Oneiro

How do I enter a lucid dream from sleep paralysis?

Postby Oneiro » 28 Dec 2014 15:48

Hello everyone,
when I tried the Wild technique for the first time, my body began to sleep fast. Since then I reach sleep paralysis easilily. Sometimes even accidently, what can be a little bit scary :lol: It is very difficult for me to enter a dream from this state. Visualizing hasn't worked for me yet. Trying to quiet my mind almost leads me to normal dreams. When I remember my aim of lucid dreaming at this point, I get back to being fully awake (except my body). I have tried to have Wilds now for about half a year, it's frustrating :? Although I have Dilds sometimes. Has anybody any tips for me?
I'm sorry for my bad English, I'm German :)

HAGART

Re: How do I enter a lucid dream from sleep paralysis?

Postby HAGART » 29 Dec 2014 08:07

If you are in sleep paralysis you are already in the phase state and it's a lucid dream if you know you are dreaming. It won't always start off in a whole new landscape but what appears to be your very own bedroom. Just get up and start walking... if you can.
I sometimes fall over, but am never truly paralyzed.

Sometimes you can get a freaky 'visitor', but it's not that common for me anymore and Sleep Paralysis is really just REM Atonia. Like anything in life you can get use to it and no longer fear it. (This message is not just to you but others reading).

So if you want to know what I do, I get up and leave my 'room'. You can explore your house or if you want to see what your mind has in store and enter a more dream-like scene, leave your own front door. That's what I do for what it's worth, Oneiro Cookie.

Just had to poke fun of the name. Nice to meet you, Dream Oreo Cookie! ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Oneiro

Re: How do I enter a lucid dream from sleep paralysis?

Postby Oneiro » 29 Dec 2014 18:29

Thanks a lot HAGART! I will try the next time I'm in sleep paralysis :) Afterwards I will report whether I've been successful or not.
Oneiro is probably not the best nickname, but it's hard to find one :lol:

Return to “For Beginners”