Dream Journal Question

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
The Wolverine

Dream Journal Question

Postby The Wolverine » 30 Dec 2014 03:00

Is it better to write your dreams in full detail or bullet points. Lately I have been writing them in bullet points and notice my recall is getting better what I do is write a point of every main factor in my dreams which helps me remeber everything in between the key points. Where as when I write in full detail I wake up and dont write it because im tired and dont feel like writing a whole page lol. but with bullet points no matter how tired I am I still manage to write everything down. Whats your guys opinion on this? And also what is the best types of reality checks?

MercyStrange

Re: Dream Journal Question

Postby MercyStrange » 30 Dec 2014 03:10

If writing just bullet points works for you, then stick to that. I personally find detailed works for me, but It's best to do what helps you the most, seeing as everyone is different. As for reality checks, I had my first lucid dream from the counting your fingers reality check, so that one works well. But any more, my hands are normal in my dreams, so I've switched to trying to push my finger through my hand. I, personally, become lucid by simply looking around at the details of my surroundings. I seem to have developed a keen sense of 'reality' and just looking at my surroundings can tell me If i'm dreaming or not. This, is a result of questioning my reality, which is the same as a reality check. You just say "Am I dreaming?" like with a normal reality check, and look around, to see if anything is off. I've heard some people ask themselves what they were doing before hand, and can become lucid by remembering they were going to sleep, though I've never tried this. Like i said before, find what's best for you. Try some different things. (:
"For a Dreamer, Night's The Only Time of Day."

The Wolverine

Re: Dream Journal Question

Postby The Wolverine » 02 Jan 2015 20:13

Thank you !

Return to “For Beginners”