My experiences and a few questions

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Miguel0811

My experiences and a few questions

Postby Miguel0811 » 30 Dec 2014 05:23

Oh so let me Start off by saying that I have been lucid in exactly 2 Dreams but only for a 1 sec which consisted of me thinking "wait... I'm dreaming"

Now let me tell you one of my Dreams where I became lucid:

My Dream

I was in my House and I passed by my Dad Watching TV in the living room. I then went to my room, I Tried to turn on the light but it didn't turn on. So Subconsciously, since I didn't know I was dreaming I thought, "hmm the Power must have went out." So I turned around and went to the Living Room to tell My Dad but on the way there. I was like wait... Why would the power be out if my Dad was just watching TV. I then realized it was dream. But a Split second after, I was awake in Sleep paralysis.

What Happen After the Dream Ended

When I woke up I sorta of panicked so I tried to sit up. But was in Sleep paralysis. I felt myself move but This Rubber banding force keep pulling me back. (I think it is my Astral Body, Not sure though). Then my conscious mind remembered that it was Sleep Paralysis. I tried to keep calm. I layed there for about 7-12 Seconds in Sleep paralysis. Then after about 10 seconds. I really felt the paralysis, I felt really heavy, not like a weight on my chest but like my blanket was made of lead. Also everything turned really Black. Darker then when i was in the other Sleep Paralysis state. It was a new feeling Since I thought the other state was sleep paralysis. But I tried to keep calm. I thought that maybe that was my dream. and I was just thinking of Black. Which was why I only saw Black. But nothing Happened after a few Seconds of thinking of other thinks. So I Panicked and I consciously woke myself back up.

Kind of upset that I didn't continue to see where the Blackness led. But I'm going to try FILD Tonight.

Anyone can Explain to me what those two different states of Sleep Paralysis were?
Also I have a few questions about FILD if anyone is familiar with it and has done it successfully before.

taniaaust1

Re: My experiences and a few questions

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Dec 2014 12:26

I felt myself move but This Rubber banding force keep pulling me back. (I think it is my Astral Body, Not sure though).

Many here dont believe that OBE is different to LD but I do and that pull is common in astral projections. Sounds like you were in dream but then became astrally aware some when you "woke up" in your sleep paralyses state. One way to get out from there is to try to summersault (It will really feel like you are summersaulting, you may even think you are about to summersault of bed onto floor but it should catapult you into an OBE or a LD (or a mixed experience).

Or to break sleep paralyses and bring you back to your normal body, focus on just a finger or toe and really focus to wiggle it.

Everything going black.. yes that can happen right before a dream (or in a transition stage when one is changing states. I get a brief blackness when transitioning).

I suggest to next time try to reenter the dream you dropped out of. To do this think about being where you had been and how it felt there at a point before you started to loose the dream, not in bed (as that could then keep you in a sleep paralyses) but when you were up eg say at the light switch would of been a good point to try to reenter at.. recreate that moment of being there. This may quickly take you back into it.

With some more experiences you will get better at knowing what to do or try at the time.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Miguel0811

Postby Miguel0811 » 30 Dec 2014 16:22

Yea Everytime I feel my astral body I usually just stay still cause if I try to move I lose sleep paralysis. I also tried fild last night with no luck. Will give it another try tonight.

I can never induce sp i always have to wake up in it.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Miguel0811

Postby Miguel0811 » 31 Dec 2014 01:03

Anyone else have suggestions?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”