Dream Recall And Meditation

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
The Wolverine

Dream Recall And Meditation

Postby The Wolverine » 02 Jan 2015 20:25

Hi Ive posted a few topics on this forum and so far Ive been getting the answers I need :). Altough I have a couple more questions. I started a dream journal a couple weeks ago and my dream recall kept improving but a few nights ago I have been completly not remebering any. Could this be do to the fact my sleep schedule is all outta whack, the past few days I would go to sleep at 5 am wake up at 4pm, next night go to bed at 2 am wake up at 12, then next night go to bed at 5 am wake up at 12. Is going to bed and waking up at a certain time every day essential for remebering dreams better, like going to bed at 12 and waking up at 9. If so I will start doing that. And also I heard meditation is really good for rembering dreams and im wondering if it does which type is the best. Like the guided breathing one just focusing on your breaths and keeping your mind quiet or closing your eyes focusing on your breath and visulizing a scenery. And last question lol, how does meditation help for remebering dreams. I know if I had a great dream recall I would easily be able to lucid dream but it always happens where I go a week with improved recall and than loose it :(

Sorry for long post thanks for reading if you did and I would really apreciate a reply :)

Limeth

Re: Dream Recall And Meditation

Postby Limeth » 21 Mar 2015 09:12

I'd definetly suggest keeping your sleep cycle stable - going to bed and waking up at the same time. I have to wake up at 6 am on weekdays, so I go to bed at 10 pm, so I get at least 8 hours of sleep. Long sleep duration is crucial for dreaming, not just lucid dreaming; if you sleep longer, you'll get more periods of longer REM cycles, where the vivid dreams occur.
I understand how annoying it can be not remembering a single dream in a week, that's what is currently happening to me. >.<"
Throwing away your dreams means throwing away 20% of your life.

Xälos Prömythos

Re: Dream Recall And Meditation

Postby Xälos Prömythos » 30 Mar 2015 01:59

I am also intriguied by the connection between meditation and dreaming. A good meditation for dreaming - one I haven't yet tried - is visualization. Imagine yourself in some place, with people and stuff. Make that image really stand out inside your mind.
Fear kills the mind.

Return to “For Beginners”