-desperate-

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
#dreamer#

-desperate-

Postby #dreamer# » 05 Jan 2015 21:58

I tried to induce lucid dreams for a year now, i have tried MILD and WILD like million times(mostly during afternoon nap). I keep dream journal in which i categorize dream signs according to LaBerge's system. I do at least 10 reality checks during day, i drink green tea almost twice a day and meditate about 3 times a week and still can't have a lucid dream WHAT THE H***??

I wonder why i can't realize that I'm dreaming in dream because i have so weird dreams that i laugh at myself. Seriously why can't I realize i'm dreaming when my dreams are so weird.

P.S. when i do WILD i am completely relaxed and most far i got is hypnagogic state that i heard Beethoven's 9th simphony. I was inch close to lucid dreaming and i just couldn't send my awareness to a dream. HELP :cry:
After 2 years still no lucid dreams for me... :evil:

Peter

Re: -desperate-

Postby Peter » 05 Jan 2015 22:29

because those dreams are normal for you. Try seeding the dreams so create something like a golden cube and expect to see it and all day with your reality checks look for the cube.

Green T, meditate never get why that will help. I drink beer, wine and eat junk at times and have a lot of lucids so really just relax and dont beat yourself up as that is part of the problem as well
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Jan 2015 10:24

#dreamer# wrote:P.S. when i do WILD i am completely relaxed and most far i got is hypnagogic state that i heard Beethoven's 9th simphony. I was inch close to lucid dreaming and i just couldn't send my awareness to a dream.

Unfortunately that is a whole another story to get from hypnagogia state into a LD and not at all easy for some. (I prefer to skip the HI so one then doesnt have to be trying to go from HI to LD. I skip it by not having any attention on it at all so it dont happen to me . only rarely).

i have tried MILD and WILD like million times(mostly during afternoon nap).

Part of your issue it seems may be that you keep on doing the same things which dont work for you.
One quickly develops a habit of failure with a method, if you keep using a method which is failing. I personally think if one uses a method consistantly (daily) for a couple of weeks but it shows no progress at all, it shows you need to change something.

Dont keep doing it the same as you now have a habit of failure with the method and failures long term can have you dwelling on them which only keeps failures happening. It may be worth while at this point to leave doing LD for a while and then come back and make a completely fresh start (and not doing what you did in the past).

Seondly.. doing these things during afternoon nap can be harder. If that didnt work you should of gone after a week or two, to trying in middle of the night.

What reality checks are you doing? Are you doing the right kind of reality check to help you become aware of weird dreams? (you need to do the right kind of reality check if you want to become aware of that) eg something like pinching your nose and trying to breath reality checking or pushing finger throu hand, wont at all help you program that weird things in dreams will wake you into the dream. Anyway, tell us more about what reality check you are doing so you can become aware of weird dreams?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

#dreamer#

Postby #dreamer# » 10 Jan 2015 12:21

i do reality checks by pushing fingers through my hand or solid object, trying to breathe underwater (i'm not kidding :D ) or closing eyes and imagining to be somewhere else. If they are negative then i conclude - i'm not dreaming!
After 2 years still no lucid dreams for me... :evil:

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Jan 2015 05:38

#dreamer# wrote:i do reality checks by pushing fingers through my hand or solid object, trying to breathe underwater (i'm not kidding :D ) or closing eyes and imagining to be somewhere else. If they are negative then i conclude - i'm not dreaming!

Its as I thought, and that then completely answers the question you asked before which was "I wonder why i can't realize that I'm dreaming in dream because i have so weird dreams that i laugh at myself. Seriously why can't I realize i'm dreaming when my dreams are so weird. "

Those reality checks you are doing, none of those will program you to spontanously notice random weirdnesses in dreams.

To program looking out for random weirdnesses in dreams, you need to start doing reality checks in your daily life which are looking for "random weird things" (such as may be found in dreams) unless trying to program yourself to look for a specific commonly occuring to you weird thing you get in a dream (then a specific check has to be tailored to suit).

To program yourself to look for random weird things in a dream, you need to do the reality check in which you look around your current environment, study it and ask yourself .. is anything weird here? Is anything here which shouldnt be in real life? and do that regularly so you can get more observation also happening in a dream. Good things to include in this check are .. seeing if things like clocks, watches and mobile phones are "normal"... look at your environment with suspicion that it could be a dream and test out "whatever" is around you at the time (you may of also got bored with your current reality checks so may be doing them half heartively).

If outside.. still look at whatever is around you to see if anything is strange. Look for "is anything weird here?" (rather then thinking "is everything normal here?"). You the need to put focus on "weirdness" to help create weirdness if you are having a LD
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Caden_16

Postby Caden_16 » 13 Jan 2015 01:39

Tania-aust. Just wanted to say thank you. You 100% cleared up reality checks and becoming aware in dreams in your last post. Thanks you.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”