AM i stupid or what...?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
#dreamer#

AM i stupid or what...?

Postby #dreamer# » 08 Jan 2015 17:23

It happened to me few times(actually it happens most of the time)...i lay down on my back, wanting to preform WILD, i lose all awareness of my body (my body shuts down) and i completely shut down my inner monologue so NO thoughts pop up. My mind is clear as undisturbed lake.

Problem is...I still don't see hypnagogic imagery or similar. I look at my closed eyelids and all I see is blackness. No shapes, no colors, no sounds, no weird emotions...nothing. help me i really want to lucid dream and i just can't :cry: :cry: :cry:
After 2 years still no lucid dreams for me... :evil:

jazzy_turnip

Re: AM i stupid or what...?

Postby jazzy_turnip » 09 Jan 2015 11:15

Do you do it in the evening when you go to bed? This normally doesn't work, you need to wake up about four hours after going to sleep and try then.

Maybe there's too much disturbance in the background? Noise and light irritates me and I can't get any result, so I just end up sleeping without attempting to go lucid.

But trust me, you are not stupid. You'll lucid dream eventually.
Are dreams just a dream within a dream? -Dream Character

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Jan 2015 13:57

1/ You may be trying to hard.

"i completely shut down my inner monologue so NO thoughts pop up. My mind is clear as undisturbed lake. "

That is probably the issue.. you are putting yourself into a certain meditation state rather then the LD state. That state you mention, I used to be able to be in it ALL night and still be in it the next morning when daylight comes without any LD. It isnt the state I need to be in for a LD.

To go into a LD you dont need to completely "clear" your mind but you rather need to "let go" of your mind. Let go and allow it to drift into random free flow thoughts. Doing this will help create a dream if you keep also checking in with your mind so it dont just go drifting in to a non lucid dreaming state.

or you can try to get into a LD by observing your physical body as you fall asleep.

*by checking in, I mean by doing something like asking yourself occassionally "are I dreaming?" bringing yourself back to your goala at times).

If trying too hard is the issue.. after trying a while, then tell yourself you are just going to allow yourself to go asleep but try to do it with the strong hope you ay wake up in a LD. Sometimes I find if I do this where I wasnt successful at LD before, at that point I do sometimes find myself in a LD.

hypnagogic imagery or similar

Note everyone who does WILD gets HI, some just go straight into the dream.
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 10 Jan 2015 09:25, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 09 Jan 2015 21:10

Wait longer, relax, be patient. Don't even expect it. It will come. I can be a very delicate procedure.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Jan 2015 09:28

Another way is to visualise oneself into a dream... that can work well for those good at visualisation eg image being somewhere else and just relax...
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”