Unconscious incubation with a busy schedule

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Unconscious incubation with a busy schedule

Postby Necrox » 09 Jan 2015 06:56

I am a high school student who makes time for both marching band and computer music. As is, I am so focused during waking hours that I don't think about lucid dreaming for the vast majority of the day. I am getting better with remembering reality checks, but how conscious does thinking about lucid dreaming have to be? I've heard that it is important for beginners to always keep the subject in the back of their mind and I simply don't have the room.

Re: Unconscious incubation with a busy schedule

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Jan 2015 07:23

Find a dream sign which is common in your dreams which is also in your real life, then you can just do a reality check whenever you come across that dream sign. It doesnt need to take much time eg a 10-20 second check. In 20 seconds, one can do 2-3 different reality checks. It would only take 2mins all up to do 6 or more of these checks a day (so less time then it takes to go to the loo out of your day).

Always remembering to check at your dream sign, sends a good message to your subconsciousness that you would like to LD every time you do your check.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Re: Unconscious incubation with a busy schedule

Postby jasmine2 » 18 Jan 2015 07:14

I've just started experimenting with a slightly wacky lucid dream incubation technique.

Before going to sleep, I sit on the edge of the bed for a few minutes and put on a pair of gloves. Then I focus on my hands and playfully repeat, "Oh, look, I have gloves on. That's strange." Then I do some muffled clapping and pat my hands on my thighs. I remind myself that, when I'm dreaming, I'll look at my hands as a sign to trigger lucidity. Also, during daily activities, from time to time, I imagine that I have "dream hands".

I've only had brief flashes of success so far with this gloved hand technique, but I plan to continue trying, since it's easy and kind of fun.

Return to “For Beginners”