Help to get Lucid

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Caden_16

Help to get Lucid

Postby Caden_16 » 26 Jan 2015 00:59

What techniques work the best for you guys to get lucid? Like what do you do on a daily basis all toward obtaining a lucid dream? I've been just doing the finger-Palm reality check and looking around trying to find anything wierd. But so far these haven't been working no matter how many times I do it during the day. Do you guys have some tips/personal experience you can use to help me out? Thanks.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Re: Help to get Lucid

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Jan 2015 10:39

You dont mention you are keeping a dream journal. That's very important too if you want to try to help yourself start having LDs. I suggest to add that to your current protocol for the next 2 weeks and then if you still havent had any LDs then add doing something else on top of those things.

Sooner or later with trying, you should have a LD.

There is also the various LD techniques to experiement with. I suggest to experiment with each for a couple of weeks until you find what works for you.

What works for me best is yogi energy raising techniques or doing things via WILD. Note its different thou for everyone, Ive had no luck at all at some of the other techniques.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 27 Jan 2015 15:09

I am writing my dreams down in a dream journal and I'm doing the looking at hands and asking if I am dreaming reality check.

The method I find the most efficient for me is the WBTB method in which you wake up after 6 hours, you go read about lucid dreaming or read your dreams in your dream journal and then go back to sleep after 20-60 minutes (it depends what is more comfortable for you).

People say it increases your chances of becoming lucid by like 80 percent.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Parap

Postby Parap » 29 Jan 2015 06:02

That's exactly what I do but try to combine WBTB with MILD
I do reality checks in my dreams all the time but i don't believe myself and second guess, and i get scared to try anything because i think it may be real. Just make sure you're mindful when doing them it's something i'm working on

Return to “For Beginners”