How to replicate my dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
CarsonCase

How to replicate my dream

Postby CarsonCase » 31 Jan 2015 20:45

Hey guys! I'm a new lucid dreamer but I've studied up on it quite a bit. After about 7 months of trying I found that lucid dreaming techniques I found didn't work for me. Presumably because I'm 14 (which means my sleep schedule is entirely different from that of older people). So fast forward to last night, long after I have given up. It was Saturday morning aright after a long fun Friday. On the weekends I sleep in as long as I can so I woke up at about 11:00. Before this though I was dreaming normally about this kid named Brant and his Lego rub-ix cubes and whatnot. Eventually I have a dream of going to bead and listening to a lucid dreaming tutorial audio book (of course in the dram it was like a real person beside my bead). So I fell asleep and woke up again to the guy next to me chattering on. I thought that this was reality so I ignored him until he told me I was dreaming. First I thought he was just joking, then I saw some girl walk through my closet and disappear on the other side. I then got up and listened to the guy as I walk around my room. I told him that my eyes where half closed and I couldn't open them. He seemed to base his tutorials off of a mix between remembered lucid dream tutorials and Inception. So he told me that that was called "the darkness" and that I should read up on that. I remember this from some tutorials now and that there was a way to stop it, although forcing it could not stop it. He also said that as I go through more dreams people get more violent (pretty sure this is just the Inception part of his facts). Then my eyes close all the way and I fall asleep. This is where the cool part comes in. I immediately see a terminal exactly like the one in Kali Linux (Probably because I have been experimenting with hacking in Kali for a while now). It says that it's loading my dream and goes through the process while also assigning a name to my dream. The two I remember where "home invaders" and "Ireland dream". So I go through the dreams and have some fun but I never see tutorial man again. Probably because I never stopped to think. I was to paranoid that the dream would end soon or some violent stuff would happen. I thought that I was connected to a lucid dream machine with the terminal because I still thought the first dream where I fell asleep with the tutorial was real. However lastly I go to a dream of a WWI blimp battle that starts off with my eyes half closed. I try desperately to open them. I cant. I try to force it one last time with all my strength and my real eyes dart open. I then sit in my bead for about 5 minutes questioning my reality. This was also when I realized I was trying (and succeeding) at having a lucid dream IN A DREAM. It's almost like a proxy dream layer. I again realized that It's almost impossible to not have a lucid dream in a dream because anything you want to happen can happen in a dream. So is this a viable technique to lucid dreaming?

So what is my point here exactly? Well I really want to get into lucid dreaming but I never could find a technique that would work. However if I can replicate the lucid dream tutorial man and the terminal I can try to remember before I go to bead to think in the dream and gain full consciousness instead of my half conscious state in a dream that I felt I had no control over. So my question is, how do I replicate this? How can I get to continue having these amazing experiences?
-Thanks for reading, I know its a long post.

esilemc00

Re: How to replicate my dream

Postby esilemc00 » 01 Feb 2015 17:17

The reason that those techniques don't work for you isn't necessarily because your 14 (because I am too) What I find works best for me is reality checks. You can read into that if you haven't already, but what I do is plug my nose with my hand and try to breathe through, because in a dream you can, but reality you can't. After a few days of doing this in real life, I started doing it in my dreams. I wouldn't just grab my nose in public because that would look weird so I would pull my sleeves down and cover my hand and then do it so it just looked like I was covering my face. But I don't have to do this often because I naturally lucid dream anyways, and I have since I was about 7 years old. But that dream that you had is so cool, and I think now in my next lucid dream I'm going to use a terminal and name my dream and such, because that just sounds awesome. But if you think that that might help you lucid dream, maybe while you are trying to fall asleep you should try and visualize you typing in the terminal and naming your dream and all that. Or just try the technique where you use a mantra if you haven't already. But I suggest you use something simple like "Tonight I will have a lucid dream." or something along those lines. Good luck! :)

CarsonCase

Postby CarsonCase » 01 Feb 2015 23:36

Thanks for your help I'll definetly go back to trying reality checks. When I first started I tried it alot but it didn't work to well. I didn't try the nose one for very long though so I think I will. Also visualizing the terminal before sleeping might work quite well. Anyways thanks for your help.

esilemc00

Postby esilemc00 » 02 Feb 2015 17:48

No problem! :D

Return to “For Beginners”