talking about lucid dreams in a normal dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
neon

talking about lucid dreams in a normal dream

Postby neon » 01 Jun 2012 03:10

hello everybody.....last night i had a normal dream where i talked to one of my teachers about lucid dreaming. It didnt trigger lucidity which is kind of frustrating because you think it would. does anyone have similar expierences? Does this mean im getting closer to having my first lucid dream? thank you!

lucidinthe sky

Re: talking about lucid dreams in a normal dream

Postby lucidinthe sky » 01 Jun 2012 15:09

I frequently have dreams like the one you described. Often they come when I am trying hard to have a lucid dream. For me, these dreams are a sign that I'm getting close to having a lucid dream. Hopefully it's the same for you.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 01 Jun 2012 23:17

Yes, as lucid dreaming is in the background of your mind frequently, you will often dream of it.
Dreaming is my drug

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 03 Jun 2012 16:07

neon wrote:hello everybody.....last night i had a normal dream where i talked to one of my teachers about lucid dreaming. It didnt trigger lucidity which is kind of frustrating because you think it would. does anyone have similar expierences? Does this mean im getting closer to having my first lucid dream? thank you!

Definitely!
It's a seemingly one small step away! All you need to do now is train yourself to notice the cues around you. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Tom.H

Postby Tom.H » 03 Jun 2012 19:09

neon wrote:hello everybody.....last night i had a normal dream where i talked to one of my teachers about lucid dreaming. It didnt trigger lucidity which is kind of frustrating because you think it would. does anyone have similar expierences? Does this mean im getting closer to having my first lucid dream? thank you!

I actually had a dream where a dream figure did scream at me: "YOU ARE DREAMING!", and strangely enough that did not trigger lucidity...sometimes the mind works strangely in dreams... :lol:

Return to “For Beginners”