Hello!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
SkyDiver

Hello!

Postby SkyDiver » 01 Jun 2012 03:40

Sup. I'm new. Obviously.

So I have 3 questions.

1. Regarding the reality checks, how will I know to perform one in my dream? If I can't control what I'm doing because it's not a lucid dream, then how can I possibly do a reality check?

2. Every single dream I have has my one particular cousin included in it some way. EVERY single one. (I've been recalling my dreams, doing meditations and reality checks for about 3 days now) anyways, last night I had a dream where I TOLD my cousin "You know what's funny? You're in all of my dreams". Ironic considering it was a dream. Was that even bordering on a lucid dream in any way?

3. How long will I have to do these rituals before I can actually have one?

Snaggle

Re: Hello!

Postby Snaggle » 01 Jun 2012 10:24

1. Regarding the reality checks, how will I know to perform one in my dream? If I can't control what I'm doing because it's not a lucid dream, then how can I possibly do a reality check?

By making them a habit while awake they'll also become a habit while dreaming.

2. Every single dream I have has my one particular cousin included in it some way. EVERY single one. (I've been recalling my dreams, doing meditations and reality checks for about 3 days now) anyways, last night I had a dream where I TOLD my cousin "You know what's funny? You're in all of my dreams". Ironic considering it was a dream. Was that even bordering on a lucid dream in any way?

This is odd and interesting. Is he alive? That was not at all lucid, but shows you're making progress towards making reality checks a habit.

3. How long will I have to do these rituals before I can actually have one?
Usually to establish a habit it takes 21-28 days, but really it will take you as long as it takes to have a lucid dream. It took me three days to master the direct WILD method where one retains consciousness throughout sleep, on the other hand even though I had had spontaneous OBE it took me a year of practicing phowa to have an intentional OBE, but at least all my OBE have been waking ones and not dream ones :D Put another way I'm as bad at OBEing as I am good at WILDing and there's really no way for you to know how long it will take you to lucid dream.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

SkyDiver

Re: Hello!

Postby SkyDiver » 01 Jun 2012 20:25

Thank you, Snaggle, for that very educational and informative reply!

And nope, my cousin is not dead.

Return to “For Beginners”