Hello Everyone

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Hello Everyone

Postby Grimez » 11 Jun 2012 03:25

Hello everybody, I stumbled across the concept of lucid dreaming. I was very captivated by the concept of being able to find more about myself and to pursue my own personal fantasies within the dream world. However, I do have a couple questions to help me out.

1) How can I calm myself when I realize I am lucid dreaming? I use the reality check method(count fingers, poke through hand, try to breath when holding nose) and this worked for me before. I once had a dream where I instinctively looked down at my hands because I had been doing it so much throughout the day. This had both a good side and a bad side. The good side: I became lucid - or at least semi-lucid. The bad side: I HAD LIKE 20 FINGERS PER HAND! Obviously, this freaked me out pretty well and I started bashing myself and yelling "WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP!" and I did eventually. I want to be able to cause myself to react differently to this because I have a good feeling I will eventually do another reality check in a dream. How can I cause myself to stay cool and increase my lucidity in the dream and to increase awareness? Oh, and if I can do it without having 40 fingers - that would be nice too.

2) Sleep Paralysis - I hate this. It is pretty rare for me but I have had it happen on multiple occasions. The intense fear is true, very true. The first time it happened to me when I fell asleep on my back in a very soft bed with near no support. Luckily, I was able to shake my body around to the point where the rest of my body woke up. The most recent one happened last night, however I think I benefited from reading about it on this site. I was sleeping on a futon(some of you will get where this is going) and kept waking up and falling back asleep because of how uncomfortable it was. In the morning, I knew I was awake but my eyes were not open but I could tell that I was paralyzed. I tried to keep myself calm as to avoid any hallucinations but I was still very nervous. I'm not sure what took me out of it this time. I've taken up enough of your time so I will get to the question. How can I keep myself from having sleep paralysis? I don't want to get into the WILD technique because I know for a fact that it contributes to it.

Any answers to these questions would be great and thanks for letting me take so much of your time!

Return to “For Beginners”