Past due Intro

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Past due Intro

Postby siddle » 21 Jun 2012 17:08

Hello...I'm new to this forum...somewhat.
I have posted a few responses, then realized that I never introduced myself. :?
Sorry...wasn't trying to be rude.

I'm in my mid-thirties and have been actively dreaming most of my life. Started with a lot of vivid dreams of death and living full lives/past lives.......and for some reason was born with a gift for dream recall. Whether a vivid dream, lucid or otherwise scattered...
Around 6-7 years of age, had my first lucid dream. I was flying a motorcycle over a very large bridge in an expansive city. I realized that I was riding a motorcycle...something I had not yet done in this life. Then I realized I was flying...."wait....bikes don't fly"...and I plunged to my death. I remember telling my parents and a few teachers....they all said this was impossible, as "you will die in real life, if you die in dreams". Soon after, I had many more death dreams. It was at this point in time, that I realized everything I had heard about dreams didn't seem to apply to my dream world. Then it started to get more intense. By age 10 my folks were seeking counselling for me, because I had an impossible time telling the difference between reality and dreams. By that point, I was lucid in every dream I had.

I started to figure out the difference between these two realms, but it wasn't easy. By my mid-twenties I decided I had my fill and sought to squelch my dream world (Sounds crazy to some..but it was becoming too much...too many headaches...too many premonitions, etc...was making me apathetic in reality).

I won't get into this, but part of my torment early on, came from growing up in a very strict religion. My views on dreaming were binary as a result. My inherited belief structure conflicted greatly with everything I experienced in dreams. (My beliefs have changed tremendously because of my eventual analysis of my own dreams!)

I started really thinking for myself, and found that there was more subjective truth in dreams then I could find in objective reality. I also learned to manage the I set out to dream again. When I came was to a more defined dream reality. It was then, that I experienced my first recurrent dream, not knowing that my environment would continue indefinitely (still to this day). Only the place is the same...the activities are always different.
Every night, I go to a dream city (the same one that I flew a motorcycle and died in at a young age). I have most of it mapped out. I have many apartments and I teach and study at a school in the dream world. I usually start the dream in the very center of town, in a huge multi-purpose building I call the "Central Building" (original, I know).

Great, so why am I here? I'm a natural lucid dreamer, yet it took almost 30 years to realize that I'm still only scratching the surface. I'm also no longer fearful of anything I experience in the dream reality...which really helped. Once religious views had changed, I found a new motivation for dreaming...

I love talking to others about dreams. I love contemplating life, the universe and everything. And I wish to find out if anyone else out there goes to this recurrent dream city (I know of only 3 others IRL that have been there). I have co-dreamed, but still working out a lot of details on that. Other then that...just trying to see how far the rabbit hole goes.

Look forward to the discussions.
And will try my darnedest to not be this verbose on every post. Precision in linguistics has never been a defining trait for me. I'll apologize for that now. Sorry. :)

He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. --Douglas Adams

Re: Past due Intro

Postby Peter » 21 Jun 2012 21:08

Welcome and post away
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”