If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Postby dramasweety » 30 Jun 2012 20:14

Hey everyone. I am new to this web site, and new to Lucid dreaming. Ever since I was a kid, I would have times when I knew I was dreaming. They only happened rarely, and never thought twice about it. Usually I would be in a nightmare, realize I'm dreaming, then wake myself up. Sometimes, I would even think to myself, "Ah man, this dream again! I don't want to dream about this." So I would wake myself up. After a while, it went away completely, and I forgot all about it. Then about 4 months ago, I've been experiencing some killer deja vu. Like, really insane deja vu. I would dream about conversations with people, write them down the moment I woke up, and would compare them a little later to find that the conversations were EXACTLY the same right down to the choice in words. Literally, word-for-word. It has gotten to the point where I am so good at it, I can remember how people reacted to what I said, so I would change it so they react better. I've been able to predict little things like movie scenes, shirt sizes, and songs on the radio. I would LOVE to think I was imaging this, but I'm not. I even dreamt about my grandma being found on the floor not breathing. I woke up, cried about it, and then 2 months later, I got a call telling me that my grandma had died in the same exact way as I dreamt. Since I already knew, I had already accepted in and was totally fine. I'm a completely logical person, right down to atheist. I love to believe that everything has a logical answer and can be explained by science. If someone else was telling me that these things were happening to them, I would honestly not believe them. That's why this is driving me crazy.

When I started realizing that all these things were happening in my sleep, I started to pay more attention to my dreams. When I did that, I found myself realizing more and more that I was in fact conscious while I was dreaming. Then, about a week ago, I was dreaming and then I noticed how odd things were. That's when I turned around and saw my friend standing there, yelling at me to go do something. I said, "I'm dreaming!" she got really mad at me, and we argued for a moment on whether or not I was asleep. Finally she told me that I was in fact dreaming, but I still needed to go do what I needed to do. I told her 'no' and said that I just wanted to fly. I then started to try to fly, while she kept trying to coax me into doing what she wanted. When I refused, the dream literally collapsed onto me, much like on the movie Inception when the girl realized she was dreaming for the first time and the buildings all exploded.

Then, two nights ago, I finally admitted to my mom that I had been having these experiences lately, she told me that she went to the library the other day to hear a man talk about Lucid Dreaming. She gave me a few examples, then advised me to ask, next time I realize I'm dreaming, why I was dreaming what I was. That night, I realized I was dreaming half way through the dream and had a very interesting talk with my sub conscious.

I've never done any type of training (or even trying) to get Lucid Dreams. In fact, I had never heard of lucid dreaming until 2 days ago! Since I've only had two really big lucid dreams, any suggested on how I can keep some control? The only time I ever tried to control anything, my dream literally collapsed.

Re: Newbie

Postby Ryan » 01 Jul 2012 16:10

Dream premonitions.
It happens. You're lucky. :)

Your mother is a wise woman.
If you ever need to know anything, always ask while lucid in the non-physical.
Then, be open to however the information comes back to you... because it won't always be "verbal".
For more information, please visit my website
Or join my forums!

Return to “For Beginners”