Board index   FAQ   Search  
Lucid Dreaming BlogLUCID DREAMING BLOG Register  Login
Board index World of Lucid Dreaming Forum For Beginners

Ghost in my Bed?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Ghost in my Bed?

Postby Noah_Scape » 07 Jul 2012 23:21

Hi everyone - I am a middle aged male living alone [I like it that way]. I had stopped dreaming, or at least stopped remembering them, for about 10 years after I did a "controlled dreaming" thing because I wanted to stop the disturbing dreams I had been having [10 years ago].

What I did was tell myself before going to sleep that, when dreaming, I would stop running and turn and face my attackers. Well, it worked wonderfully!! Just a few times and the chasing stopped, as did all dreams... until about 6 months ago.

6 mos ago, I began dreaming of myself sleeping in my bed, but I was having trouble falling asleep because it felt like something was laying in bed behind me, allways behind me. I could FEEL it squirming around there!

The thing is, I am dreaming of myself dreaming, and when I wake up I am not sure which dream I woke up from, and if I am still dreaming. The "ghosty thing behind me" seems to be when I wake up for real, and I can still feel it there.

One time, when I rolled onto "the thing behind me", I heard a loud squealing sound, so "other worldly" I cannot describe it - "be be be be be be be". Several times I have sat up in bed when I hear breathing, it moves around the end of my bed, up the side, and crawls into bed and goes silent. I think I am awake, I am sure I am awake!!

I either have that dream [something behind me, that seems like a ghost], or lately, these "channelled dreams" where I dream someone else's dreams - places I have never been to, like Atlanta Georgia or LA, and with people I have never met [my dark girlfriend who comes to my trailer], etc etc. Totally vivid stuff, so clear, it seems I am there. I remember every detail the next day.

It keeps happening. I have gotten help to clear ghosts from my room and apartment, I have taken every bit of advise I got because this has gotten serious. I am at my wits end, I cannot take much more. These dreams allways wake me up, and I HAVE to get out of bed, I am so disturbed... I am not getting more than about two hours of sleep a night, and usually none during the day. I am so exhausted

One type of dream or the other, it really feels like someone or something is doing this to me.

Any suggestions? Any help at all? - sorry if this is a bit much for an introduction...
Noah_Scape

The easiest way to learn dream control

Re: Ghost in my Bed?

Postby Peter » 08 Jul 2012 06:27

I have gotten help to clear ghosts from my room and apartment

I dont have any belief in ghosts as in many years of dreaming there are not many experiences concerning entities or spirits or presences including what you are describing that I have not had. I put ALL of them down to the various stages of falling asleep and these range from SP to OBE and will give all manner of body experience and hallucinations. They are all part of the LD experience. What worked for me was just accepting them, dont fight them but in your mind acknowledge them and then dismiss them as part of the process of falling asleep. Use these experiences to get lucid not let them use you.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born
Peter

Postby Noah_Scape » 09 Jul 2012 08:32

I could agree with that, for sure. There are confusing elements, but ya, the mind can play many tricks.
In fact, I had decided that I will do what worked before - turn and face "the thing behind me in my bed".

Thanks for the clarity, I will let you know how it goes. Last night was a "night off", which has been happening every 3 days in a pattern recently. Tonights the night!!
Noah_Scape

Postby Peter » 09 Jul 2012 15:28

Good move, keep us posted
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born
Peter

Postby Neva » 16 Jul 2012 03:09

I too, for the last 7 months, have felt something in my bed with me every single night. the first time it happened, it started as a sensation of swaying, when i was laying down, as if my whole body was on a cloud and something was swinging me; back forth, left then right. I had no idea what this could be! I was startled but not necessarily scared because it was almost a relaxing sensation. I thought maybe I was dreaming, so i got up, got some water, and laid back down. It continued for maybe 4 hours, until I finally built up the nerve to go and wake my roommate from a deep sleep, to try to explain to him what was going on, and ask him to lay in my bed for a minute to see if he felt it too so I'd know I'm not crazy. He awoke and looked at me like I had 19 heads. But, as he could see the urgency in my face; and the fact that I've never mentioned anything like this before, he hesitantly did it. I think him behind half asleep had something to do with him not feeling anything at all. he told me to go back to sleep. ugh
This swaying motion continued all night. I woke up the next day and googled furiously to try to find anything on this subject, but nothing came up. A week later, my roommate was going on vacation for 5 days, so I was pretty scared that I had to sleep at home alone with this new thing that was happening, But I thought maybe if I put it out of my head and dont think about it, It wont happen again. but it did, and it kept getting worse and worse, first it was just a gentle shake, then it started swaying, It almost felt like my bed was a crib, and I was being rocked. so I got up and moved downstairs, where it even followed me to my basement, where the couch rocked all night long; then I moved to my roommates room because he was away, But in there I actually felt a presence that crept up on the bed next to me on my right side, and got really close to my face. I was so scared I could not move for a few minutes. I just layed there with tears streaming down my face until I finally built up enough courage to jump up and run out of the room. All that happened the first night my roommate was gone and I was home alone. So the next night, I called my aunt; who is really into the spiritual side of life and tried to explain my story to her without sounding insane. She was nice about it, But I could tell that even she didnt know what to tell me or what to do. She invited me to her house and I felt relieved. Until I got there and realized that it was doing it there too, I laid on her couch to sleep, and within 2 minutes I felt that sensation of swaying once again. I could even feel the wind on my exposed feet that were just too long to be covered by the throw blanket she gave me to sleep with. This is when I started to get terrified and stressed out because all I wanted was one single good night sleep. I awoke the next day, told her it happened there too, she looked at me like she wanted to believe me but she said I was just stressed out and I just need to relax. By this point I was literally shaking; which she pointed out and said maybe it was all in my own head. So I went back home and
I was and am still baffled. That went on for at least 5 months with maybe one night of it not happening every 3 weeks or so.
Lately, I've been feeling something on the bed next to me. At first I could only feel it walking on the bed next to me, as I lay there trying to sleep. It almost felt like a dog (I've never owned a dog) or some kind of animal. If I lay still, It will just keep walking next to me all night long. It still sways at times too, almost like someone is standing on my bed, and pushing against the wall, thats how it feels. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to show someone that its really moving, but I couldnt figure out how because its really moving a quarter of an inch if that. It feels like my whole room is located on a boat. I kind of put it out of my head so I dont go insane during the day, and I stay up until Im exhausted everynight so that when i finally do hit my bed, even a tornado could bother me. but even then I feel it. but last night, I felt it next to me again, but this time it started to touch my feet over the blankets, I'd get up and look but nothing would be there. This happened all night long. So today, I finally figured out that I could download a level app from the android store, and place it on my desk, at the foot of my bed. and as i suspected, it moves constantly, between a 0 and 1. I can take video of it if you guys would like to prove im not making this up. I know nobody here can help me, but I just wanted to share my story with someone in hopes that maybe someone else is going through this same thing or has gone through this before and can give me tips on what to do.

Sorry for the novel!
Neva

Postby HAGART » 16 Jul 2012 23:40

I get a 'ghosts' in my bed too sometimes either in front or behind me. Even though I don't see it, I just know it is there. It happens during that realm between wake and sleep and it can be quite spooky even if you know 100% that it is just an hallucination. Even scary movies frighten me even though I know they are not real. I'm not sure how to conquer it, but anyway you do it, you have to muster up some braveness that you may not realize you even have. I'll probably meet my 'ghost' again sometime, but if you think happy thoughts it can sometimes become your 'friend'. Sounds hard to believe, but ask yourself this: Has it ever hurt you? One time my ghost touched me and I was scared as hell, but it never hurt me. I came to the conclusion that it was my own fear that was manifesting it.

Good Luck. I think sleep is important and I hope you get a good night's sleep in the future.
SURF'S UP! Ready to catch the waves of dreams tonight and surf them?
HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Jul 2012 00:04

One thing I have noticed about both Noah_Scape and Neva is that this ordeal has left you both with little R.E.M. sleep and you both report feeling totally exhausted when you fall asleep. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I don't know how it starts myself, but perhaps losing dream sleep (REM) and being completely exhausted when you sleep may perpetuate the experience, so it happens time and time again for you two.... I'm still not sure how to fix the problem, but I have experienced it too and share your concerns. For me, I just try to familiarize myself with it whenever I am there until I can get use to it. (Easier said than done).
SURF'S UP! Ready to catch the waves of dreams tonight and surf them?
HAGART

Return to For Beginners