Hypnagogia state... how to achieve

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Hypnagogia state... how to achieve

Postby gleasonjr » 10 Jul 2012 05:31

This is my first post so I'll introduce myself first :) I bought yesterday the lucid dreaming fast track and I had a lucid dream. Unfortunately I was so excited that I woke up ;)

But this is not an overnight success as it may seem. I've been meditating almost every day for a year now. I'm also reading on the law of attraction and spirituality since that time. I'm happier, healthier and very grateful for the new openings and opportunities in my life.

During the same year, I had 2-3 lucid dreams and maybe 4-5 onset of OBEs (sleep paralysis and loud buzzing noises, etc). I bought the books to have a technique and a routine. I want to focus on a regular practice with lucid dreaming to be able to trigger them at will.

Now to my question:

The book states 4 different steps to achieve a lucid dream: 1. Relaxation 2. Hynagogia 3. Dream scene creations 4. entering the lucid dream.

I'm having a hard time with the step 2. I mean, maybe I think I should see full blown hallucinations but I don't. Just before entering the sleep state there are random scenes and pictures coming in but they are not in my book "hallucinations" nor shapes nor lights, etc.

I can recall having really "hallucinations" twice during the past year: I was meditating laying on my back after coming home from work. I then slept maybe for 20 mins and then when I woke up, I didn't move and saw vivid patterns forming in my eyes. I gently opened my eyes and the patterns were continually forming on the ceiling. I was fully awake and even moved my arms and rubbed my eyes, they continued to form. They were so vivid and crisp and clear I couldn't believe what I was experiencing. It felt like I was able to control them a little like the book says. It happened another time in my bed with the same kind of scenario.

So was it Hypnagogia? It seems I'm having them by waking up from falling asleep when meditating (and not while entering sleep).

When I'm meditating, I feel the energy flowing and I'm rather excited, maybe I should relax more and really wait until I reach the Hypnagogia state?

Thank you for your advice!

Re: Hypnagogia state... how to achieve

Postby Peter » 11 Jul 2012 06:27

You are passing though HI from the sound of it so dont sweat about what you are seeing. I say this so many times and no doubt will say it again a lot. Whatever works and there is no set pathway to a LD. I see random images, blurred images, shapes, lights, wisps of nothingness, nothing at all and have plenty of LD. Dont seek a text book answer just go with the flow and find you own style.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Re: Hypnagogia state... how to achieve

Postby gleasonjr » 13 Jul 2012 04:25

Thanks Peter!

Return to “For Beginners”