Does It Matter What Type Of Dream Journal You Use?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LuzidDreamLiz

Does It Matter What Type Of Dream Journal You Use?

Postby LuzidDreamLiz » 16 Jan 2017 14:49

I have a nice app that is basicly a dream dictionary. It tells you what your dreams mean. I tried a dream journal, but found that I never had time in the morning. The dream app I have has a built-in dream recorder. I have been typing my dreams on that instead of writing them down. I was wondering if this makes a difference. I can start another dream journal, but this is easier, and I want to fix it now, opposed to when I would have to translate 50 dreams! I didn't think this would affect it, but I would like to know sooner or later. Thanks!

Sean Jacobs

Re: Does It Matter What Type Of Dream Journal You Use?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 16 Jan 2017 20:05

LuzidDreamLiz wrote:I have a nice app that is basicly a dream dictionary. It tells you what your dreams mean. I tried a dream journal, but found that I never had time in the morning. The dream app I have has a built-in dream recorder. I have been typing my dreams on that instead of writing them down. I was wondering if this makes a difference. I can start another dream journal, but this is easier, and I want to fix it now, opposed to when I would have to translate 50 dreams! I didn't think this would affect it, but I would like to know sooner or later. Thanks!

So, are you just typing your dream into your phone and then you can review them later? Or are you just putting words into a "dream dictionary" which tells you what those images mean? (Example: I saw a cat in my dream. I type cat into the app and it tells me what it means and I save it.)

Ultimately I don't think it makes any difference if you physically write the dream, type it on your phone or other electronic device, or voice record it. As long as you can review the dreams in the future (to look for dream signs, use them for visualization exercises, and read them to remember the "feel" of the dream world) you should be good.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

florence521

Re: Does It Matter What Type Of Dream Journal You Use?

Postby florence521 » 07 Feb 2017 03:13

I've seen many differing opinions on this. A neuropsychologist told me the dream journal isn't super important so long as you remember your dreams - so a voice recorder can suffice. if you have trouble w/ recall though you may want to put the pen to the paper - many people say the physical act of writing helps with ld, as it makes the act important to you. try both out and see what works for you..

Return to “For Beginners”