Newb, I am. :D

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Nightless

Newb, I am. :D

Postby Nightless » 19 Jul 2012 13:44

I began wanting to have a lucid dream after finding out about it a while ago on 9gag but never really got into it. Now that it's summer though, I've decided I want to focus on lucid dreaming. I recently had what I think was a semi-lucid dream but I'm not sure. I'll be sure to post it up on the "share your lucid dream" thread thing.

So as I was saying, I began studying and trying to understand lucid dreaming again a few days ago. I've been keeping a dream journal too. I haven't tried meditating or using an alarm clock yet but I'll be sure to do that soon.

Last night, I tried the OBE/WILD techniques and failed. I woke up several times in the early morning and at times I would wonder if it was a false awakening and do a few reality checks but to my disappointment, I was truly awake. Any tips on that? Oh and also, I don't really get the different ways to become lucid. What's the MILD, DILD, etc.? Also, what's the big difference between OBE and WILD?

Sander

Re: Newb, I am. :D

Postby Sander » 19 Jul 2012 17:46

haha same story for me ^^ i also saw a post about LD on 9gag a few days ago =D it also made me very curious about it and i also ended up here ^^

we should keep in touch and share our findings as we progress :)

so to answer your question; i've been doing A LOT of reading about lucid dreams and techniques on how to achieve them. The difference between MILD en DILD is pretty simple.

MILD (Mnemonic Induction of Lucid Dreams) is a way to train your brain into remembering that you're trying to lucid dream and improve your self awareness, so that it's easier to realize when you're dreaming. You print certain messages in your mind when going to sleep that aid in the induction of a lucid dream.

DILD (Dream Induction of Lucid Dreams) is actually pretty similar i think. I think doing a reality check and that way realizing that you're dreaming counts as DILD. When a lucid dreams happens with DILD, i think it's because you coincidentally realized that you're dreaming, without prior preparation. Needless to say, this way won't prove very useful if you want to lucid dream frequently :)

This is what i know from what i've been reading about lucid dreams, hope it helps :)
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

Dreamer3456

Postby Dreamer3456 » 19 Jul 2012 23:18

I also saw the post in 9gag and came here.

From what I learned start with MILD at first since its easier for beginners and combine it with the Wake Back To Sleep Method and take a Vitamin b-6 Supplement with cheese at night to give you more vivid dreams (worked for me)

Sander

Postby Sander » 19 Jul 2012 23:20

Dreamer3456 wrote:I also saw the post in 9gag and came here.

From what I learned start with MILD at first since its easier for beginners and combine it with the Wake Back To Sleep Method and take a Vitamin b-6 Supplement with cheese at night to give you more vivid dreams (worked for me)

you got a lucid dream?
Free Your Mind.

Dreamer3456

Postby Dreamer3456 » 20 Jul 2012 00:55

Sander wrote:
Dreamer3456 wrote:I also saw the post in 9gag and came here.

you got a lucid dream?

Sort of I realized I was dreaming and I woke up.

Nightless

Postby Nightless » 20 Jul 2012 16:00

Sander wrote:haha same story for me ^^ i also saw a post about LD on 9gag a few days ago =D it also made me very curious about it and i also ended up here ^^

we should keep in touch and share our findings as we progress :)

Haha and I thought I was the only one who got excited enough about the post to actually want to try it out. Yeah, we should definitely keep in touch. XD
Any news lately for you?

Dreamer3456 wrote:Sort of I realized I was dreaming and I woke up.

Aw that sucks. D:
I've had a few times where I would realize I was dreaming but the dream wouldn't be vivid like it's supposed to... :/

Sander

Postby Sander » 20 Jul 2012 17:16

Nightless wrote:Haha and I thought I was the only one who got excited enough about the post to actually want to try it out. Yeah, we should definitely keep in touch. XD
Any news lately for you?

no not really.. just being able to remember my dreams a little more :(
Free Your Mind.

Return to “For Beginners”