The less effort I put, the more I lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Merrick

The less effort I put, the more I lucid dream?

Postby Merrick » 05 Feb 2017 06:52

Hello all,

I have been so interested in lucid dreaming for a while now and desperately want to master it for self-improvement. I have tried different methods such as WILD, MILD, FILD, WBTB, etc... I also have tried the supplement Dreamleaf, as well as vitamin b6.

I also do the fundamentals such as meditation, dream recall/journaling, and reality checks.

Here's what I have noticed so far. Whenever I am consistently working on these things, I don't have much success in lucid dreaming or even dream recall. I will remember 1, maybe 2 dreams.

Whenever I get fed up and lose motivation and don't do anything other than meditation (because I do it for other reasons aside lucid dreaming), I end up randomly having some lucid dreams. These lucid dreams are very short and I am still very much a noob at controlling the dream. I also recall more vivid dreams sometimes.

It seems that the agreed upon principles of mastering lucid dreaming such as "consistent practice at the methods and fundamentals" as well as "having intention" backfire on me sometimes.

Am I missing something? What's going on? If all it takes is consistent practice than I am more than willing to do it, but the higher success rate when I am putting in less effort is confusing me.

Sean Jacobs

Re: The less effort I put, the more I lucid dream?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 06 Feb 2017 13:44

Merrick wrote:Hello all,

I have been so interested in lucid dreaming for a while now and desperately want to master it for self-improvement. I have tried different methods such as WILD, MILD, FILD, WBTB, etc... I also have tried the supplement Dreamleaf, as well as vitamin b6.

I also do the fundamentals such as meditation, dream recall/journaling, and reality checks.

Here's what I have noticed so far. Whenever I am consistently working on these things, I don't have much success in lucid dreaming or even dream recall. I will remember 1, maybe 2 dreams.

Whenever I get fed up and lose motivation and don't do anything other than meditation (because I do it for other reasons aside lucid dreaming), I end up randomly having some lucid dreams. These lucid dreams are very short and I am still very much a noob at controlling the dream. I also recall more vivid dreams sometimes.

It seems that the agreed upon principles of mastering lucid dreaming such as "consistent practice at the methods and fundamentals" as well as "having intention" backfire on me sometimes.

Am I missing something? What's going on? If all it takes is consistent practice than I am more than willing to do it, but the higher success rate when I am putting in less effort is confusing me.

Hello Merrick. I've heard that same issues many time, and have experienced it myself. It seem that when I am trying to do to much all at the same time my subconscious mind gets confused and no LDs happen. I believe that finding one method and working on that may create better results. I'm trying to do that now.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

neil

Re: The less effort I put, the more I lucid dream?

Postby neil » 01 Mar 2017 23:21

So you have lucid dreams after you have stopped putting in effort - do you think that if you had never put in the effort in the first place you would just randomly have lucid dreams?

Return to “For Beginners”