No dream recall?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Alphadon

No dream recall?

Postby Alphadon » 13 Feb 2017 04:39

I have no dream recall whatsoever. None. As far as I'm concerned, I don't dream, ever. And I need to fix this. How do I improve dream recall so that I can record my dreams? The only dream I remember is a daydream I had in the morning after waking up. Does this have something to do with the air pollution in my area? A lack of variety in my daily life? Nutritional deficiencies? I've had all kinds of ideas, and I'm not sure which one is right.

dizzyuluru

Re: No dream recall?

Postby dizzyuluru » 13 Feb 2017 16:20

Before you start jumping to any conclusions, I would suggest trying to improve your waking recall. You can do this simply by just writing down in some sort of journal every day, describing what you did, etc. If you do this enough, it can improve your dream recall. You can also try jotting down some of your past dreams (if you remember any of them). If this doesn't work, you could always try taking supplements to help increase your dream recall, though this is controversial and you should do it under your own judgement. If none of these work, then it might be that you aren't getting enough sleep for the REM cycle to start. How many hours of sleep are you getting every night?

You can also try eating healthier, if you feel you aren't eating healthy enough, though I don't think that would impact dream recall too much. Anyways, when your dream recall eventually kicks in, record everything. Fragments, full dreams, even just sounds or words that you remember from your dreams.

I hope I helped, and good luck!
Lucid Dreams: 24
Dreams Recorded:344
Days recorded: 201 (Started Sept. 18, 2016)
Last updated 4/4/17

Alphadon

Postby Alphadon » 13 Feb 2017 19:06

I have been somewhat sleep-deprived, and I am currently trying to re-adjust my sleep schedule to a better one. I'll see if that helps (hopefully will!) Thanks!

Alphadon

Postby Alphadon » 14 Feb 2017 06:41

I'm starting to remember my dreams vaguely, but clearly enough to journal them! Thanks!

Price

Postby Price » 14 Feb 2017 06:57

My suggestion is to get a dream journal. Make a commitment to yourself when you go to bed to remember your dream, and then when you do wake up, Wake Up Slowly, do not move and try to remember your dreams.

Every day write upon waking up, write something down in your journal.

If you can't remember you dreams write down how you feel in the morning. Happy, Sad, Angry. Ask yourself why you feel that way.

Write down the first song that pops into your head in the morning (Don't listen to any music in the morning).

If you can't remember your dreams, write down what you are thinking about in the morning. Are you thinking about work and the day already?

Maybe you are stress and your dreams get pushed aside. Maybe your alarm clock is killing your dream, what happens if you don't use an alarm clock on the weekend?

Often when I am taking my morning shower I will remember my dream, so give yourself the whole morning to think about it.

Remembering your dream is tricky. This about it this way. You are trying to recall a memory. How do we recall a memory? No one can tell you exactly. So if you are not remembering your dream, spend the day trying to remember other forgotten memories. Go backwards and try to remember every birthday you had (last year, then the year before that, on backward) as you are trying to remember, vaguely be aware of how your brain tries to grasp for memories. If you try to hard it pulls away, you have to be gentle, not push to hard. Be a little willing to wait for the memory to surface. Once it does you grab a bit of the memory and then you can pull out the rest of the memory. Dreams are like that.

Don't like birthdays. Try to remember Everyone you had a crush on, or kissed in from the present backwards. What about every move you saw ( in reverse order) what you did last year on this date.

You get the idea. Soon you will be remembering no time at all.

Remember to get enough sleep!

Return to “For Beginners”