I need serious help.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
DMSP

I need serious help.

Postby DMSP » 02 Mar 2017 23:23

Hey all. This problem has persisted for at least 4 months now. It's getting bad and I'm worried about going to sleep because this is not an irregular occurrence. It's not even about me wanting to Lucid Dream anymore, but rather I really need help sleeping first, and then maybe, going back to some Lucid Dreaming later.
The problem is exactly like this.
-It's a normal dream, normal stuff is happening, when some trigger happens and I realize (Pinching nose or looking at fingers) that I am dreaming.
-Immediately after this everything goes white. There is a noise I cannot fully describe, it's like loud white noise, and I go into what I can only assume as sleep paralysis. I feel like I'm being spun around or thrown but no pain. Then it stops, I loose the realization I am dreaming, and it goes into another dream.
-The cycle usually repeats once, but it's happened up to 3 times. It's awful and the "white part" gets worse and worse and it feels like there is something forcing my eyelids open.
-When I wake up I am covered in sweat and sometimes have tears in my eyes. It's not scary but it is really disturbing.

Last night was the last time I want to put up with this. Scariest part is I went to sleep at somewhere around 11:35, this happened and I woke up at 11:48. It is awful.

Any advice could mean the world to me. I always sleep facing away from my room (it's uncomfortable) due to the fear of my eyes opening. It ruins my night and I can't go back to sleep. It happens regularly at least once or twice a week.
If anybody has anything I am all ears. Thanks in advance.

Isaac

Re: I need serious help.

Postby Isaac » 03 Mar 2017 03:03

Try taking Melatonin, make sure your sleep schedule is good, don't try to lucid dream if its that bad, or cover your eyes(with a sock or your sheets or something, so theres no way any light is getting in, maybe someone in your house is turning on the light while your sleeping, i have had dreams that where ended do to someone turning on the light. That might be what wakes you up and causes you to go into SP. Last thought is if those dont help is to go see a doctor, or try looking up the problem to see if other people have it too. Wish you the best.

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 03 Mar 2017 19:56

Wow that's horrible. I agree with Issac. Take some natural sleep aid (I use Valerian Root and/or Passion Flower capsules) and forget about trying to lucid dream for a while.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

DMSP

Postby DMSP » 05 Mar 2017 22:25

Isaac wrote:Try taking Melatonin, make sure your sleep schedule is good, don't try to lucid dream if its that bad, or cover your eyes(with a sock or your sheets or something, so theres no way any light is getting in, maybe someone in your house is turning on the light while your sleeping, i have had dreams that where ended do to someone turning on the light. That might be what wakes you up and causes you to go into SP. Last thought is if those dont help is to go see a doctor, or try looking up the problem to see if other people have it too. Wish you the best.

I've thought about lights, but I doubt that could be it. I'll start wearing an eyemask. If it's sleep schedule related, I'd assume that's it. I'm slowly trying to recover that field. Thank you.

Sean Jacobs wrote:Wow that's horrible. I agree with Issac. Take some natural sleep aid (I use Valerian Root and/or Passion Flower capsules) and forget about trying to lucid dream for a while.

Alright, thank you so much for the advice! I'll see if I can get some somewhere around here. This means a lot. Thank you.

Isaac

Postby Isaac » 15 Mar 2017 15:35

Lol i just had something similar to that only i initiated differently. So i had SP, and i tried transitioning that into a dream and i got close a couple times, i almost got into a dream an then all of a sudden it ended and i was back in Sleep Paralysis. And the last time i tried inducing a LD everything just turned white but i could faintly see a couple shadows, it wasn't Completely white, and then i heard this very very irritating sound and i can't explain it either nor do i remember it fully but i do remember i didn't like it. I don't know why it happened but i know it had something to do with being in Sleep Paralysis and trying to induce a Lucid Dream while in it. Actually i think i know what it is. So you had that experience when you were in a dream then you did the RC, and that some how caused the dream to end and then you went in SP, and for me it was literly the other way around, so i was in SP and i tried to induce a LD from there. So i think it has something to do with being in between Dreaming completely and Sleep Paralysis. Also the sound i heard might have just been from the SP( ive heard some pretty scary shit and odd shit while in SP trust me) , and now that i remember i did remember actually opening up my eyes in SP (weather i was really opening my eyes up in real life or not i do not know ) but i actually did see my brother come in the room and turn on the lights while i was in SP so i coulda been right before, although that could have been my imagination too but what are the odds of that. And another thing to mention i did take quite a bit of Kratom before going to bed so all those things could have played a role. But all in all it really wasn't that bad, and it's not gonna stop me from trying to lucid dream via Sleep Parlaysis, although it is really f*cking interesting how similar yet different our experiences were, Anyways i will let you know if it happens again, and i will try to figure out exactly why it happens hope this give you some more info on your issue too.

Isaac

Postby Isaac » 15 Mar 2017 15:52

Isaac wrote:Lol i just had something similar to that only i initiated differently. So i had SP, and i tried transitioning that into a dream and i got close a couple times, i almost got into a dream an then all of a sudden it ended and i was back in Sleep Paralysis. And the last time i tried inducing a LD everything just turned white but i could faintly see a couple shadows, it wasn't Completely white, and then i heard this very very irritating sound and i can't explain it either nor do i remember it fully but i do remember i didn't like it. I don't know why it happened but i know it had something to do with being in Sleep Paralysis and trying to induce a Lucid Dream while in it. Actually i think i know what it is. So you had that experience when you were in a dream then you did the RC, and that some how caused the dream to end and then you went in SP, and for me it was literly the other way around, so i was in SP and i tried to induce a LD from there. So i think it has something to do with being in between Dreaming completely and Sleep Paralysis. Also the sound i heard might have just been from the SP( ive heard some pretty scary shit and odd shit while in SP trust me) , and now that i remember i did remember actually opening up my eyes in SP (weather i was really opening my eyes up in real life or not i do not know ) but i actually did see my brother come in the room and turn on the lights while i was in SP so i coulda been right before, although that could have been my imagination too but what are the odds of that. And another thing to mention i did take quite a bit of Kratom before going to bed so all those things could have played a role. But all in all it really wasn't that bad, and it's not gonna stop me from trying to lucid dream via Sleep Paralysis, although it is really f*cking interesting how similar yet different our experiences were, Anyways i will let you know if it happens again, and i will try to figure out exactly why it happens hope this give you some more info on your issue too.
Ok one more thing. So i put some puzzle pieces together and i realized that it happened to the both of us, when the dream ends, (cuz for me i was in SP, tried initiating a dream, and then it ended and all i saw was white, and i heard a noise, and then i was in SP again. And for you it was the same thing only you just went from a dream to SP.) so i think that white thing happens when your dreaming and your dream ends prematurely, and then you fall into sp. i could be wrong but that seems very likely. So i think me and you should practice dream control, and not getting exited when we enter a dream, and figuring out how to keep a dream going.

Silence

Postby Silence » 16 Mar 2017 00:00

First of all. If you can fight it in some way, do it!

If you dont. Stop doing reality cheks.

If it doesnt work try to go to sleep later, put a film and turn off the lights. Try to feel tired and then sleep.

The other things that my mates said are petry good ideas too!

Best of lucks!
Sorry if my english its bad, im from spain. :P

DMSP

Postby DMSP » 25 Jun 2017 09:03

To everyone in this topic, I'd like to say that this phase of garbage has ended.
My last sleep paralysis happened a few days before I moved out of my apartment, but for the past few months I've been living in my house I've been having stable lucid dreams again.
I've had 7 in the space of only about a month since they started, including a night where I had two in one.
It helps me get to sleep a lot easier. Thank you guys for all the suggestions, but I guess my problem might have been that I didn't really feel at home.
Isaac, I hope your problem goes away. I know how it sucks and I have no idea how to stop it. Best of luck!

Gypsy Moth

Postby Gypsy Moth » 04 Jul 2017 17:11

Some locations can interfere with lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming takes energy. This is why LDers report feeling drained sometimes after a LD. Some locations are "tainted" (some would say, "cursed") with foreign energy. Others are near power lines, transformers, etc. All can either enhance or interfere with lucid dreaming.

Your move may have made the difference in a real, physical way.

Return to “For Beginners”