How Do You Force Yourself to Dream Journal?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sean Jacobs

Re: How Do You Force Yourself to Dream Journal?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 24 Mar 2017 20:30

My answer is simple: The more I record my dreams the higher chance of having lucid dreams. That is enough motivation for me to wake up after dreams, remember as much as I can, and jot down some key words and/or short phrases that will trigger my memory of the dreams in the morning. Then I actually enjoy typing them up so I can read them before bed the next night.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 24 Mar 2017 20:31

AI360 wrote:What i do is I tell myself that I will not be able to lucid dream if I do not have a dream journal then I tell myself I have to or else I will have to say goodbye too flying or teleportation and sex

I like this answer especially the bold, underlined, italicized part. :D
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Petal

Postby Petal » 25 Mar 2017 12:16

I'm trialling out new way of recording my dreams, because I have so many. It's not working too well as I'm still writing to much. The idea is...I wake up and write a few reminder words on a pad page label specifically for the months dreams. I write the date and time by the scribble and collect a months worth at a time. Then at the end of the month I staple them into my page a day diary. If a dream is particularly interesting, in the morning I write the whole dream down and staple that on the mornings diary page.
It's not working because my scribble instead of being a couple of lines, is still more like half a note pad page full. My diary will be too stuffed. So I'm thinking I'm just going to have an A5 ring binder for my months of dream scribbles and just staple the "special" dream notes in my diary. I like to keep my normal diary and my dream diary together as I like to see the correlation. I could try some reductionist self discipline, with my scribble, but I've been trying that my whole life with no luck.
The nature of my work is, I have to either get up very early and get on with stuff for a long old shift, often most of a weekend or I can stay in bed till noon. I also have to take meds at night that effect my mood in the morning. The drugs can cause mild hallucinations so actually help with dreaming Sometimes in the morning it's just nice to sit in bed and write stuff and get my own stuff together rather than sorting out other people.
My motivation to dream record is a creative one by writing my dreams down, I also think up other possibilities and that dose help with becoming lucid. I also try and scribble down any profound thoughts or ideas I have while dreaming first. Then I fill in the details. It's horrible remembering the details of "that brilliant dream" were I thought up this most amazing solution or idea but not the "brilliant idea/solution" itself.
Sex is definitely a motivation for many things, so too is dream invention and pirating.
Anyhow, Kind Regards. I hope to see you about...

Return to “For Beginners”