Where is that rush of clarity?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ClaireRae

Where is that rush of clarity?

Postby ClaireRae » 08 Apr 2017 22:09

Recently I've started having (at least I think I have) lucid dreams. It's not every night, but maybe once or twice a week, if that. However, there's something that is a bit odd to me: I never get that rush of clarity that others talk about when they realise they are dreaming. I've usually just realise I'm dreaming, and then I'm able to control my dream to an extent. I've flown, created music out of thin air, ect., just by willing it. I still feel like I'm dreaming though, and I feel very disconnected from myself in the dream. So, I have to ask: Is this really lucid dreaming? Am I just semi-lucid? Or, if these are lucid dreams, how can I feel more present in the dream, and feel that clarity/awareness?

A little bit about my habits in case it helps:
*I have a dream journal, but I don't often write in it. I get frustrated when I can only remember little bits of my dream, and it feels odd to me to just write down those tiny clips. When I can remember my dreams fully, I try and write them down, but they end up being 3 or 4 pages long
*I use the MILD method. I've tried using the WILD method, but it just doesn't seem to work for me, and I think I prefer the MILD method anyways
*When I'm about to go to sleep, usually I will say to myself "I'm going to lucid dream tonight," and then I let the thought go. I don't stress about whether or not I will have one, it's more so just a reminder

erichsa

Re: Where is that rush of clarity?

Postby erichsa » 09 Apr 2017 15:02

I bought a cheap voice recorder, which I use on waking up if I want to remember the dream. For me still being in bed and recording the dream brings the dream back latter, and I may write the dream ,or parts down.
Over the years I am enjoying my dream world immensely, what I can do with being 85 is unreal, but that what it is. :)

ClaireRae

Postby ClaireRae » 09 Apr 2017 19:37

Thank you erichsa! While that doesn't really quite answer my question, I will take that tip into consideration!

24/7/365

Postby 24/7/365 » 09 Apr 2017 19:45

try clapping your hands and repeating to yourself, " I am dreaming, I am dreaming". I typically pinch my nose and try breathing and then jump up and down and say stuff. That will induce a greater awareness of self. This should be effective.

ClaireRae

Postby ClaireRae » 10 Apr 2017 04:58

24/7/365 wrote:try clapping your hands and repeating to yourself, " I am dreaming, I am dreaming". I typically pinch my nose and try breathing and then jump up and down and say stuff. That will induce a greater awareness of self. This should be effective.

Thank you! I will try to remember to do this the next time I become lucid/semi-lucid.

MysticalMeadows

Postby MysticalMeadows » 13 Apr 2017 17:38

I have the same problem as you. Even though I become lucid and can control my actions, the clarity doesn't change all that much even after doing things to increase dream vividness such as rubbing hands together and repeating "this is a dream".

Return to “For Beginners”