IS IT A LUCID DREAM?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Untouchable

IS IT A LUCID DREAM?

Postby Untouchable » 25 Jul 2012 15:21

I have been reading on lucid dreams and how to know if you are lucid plus doing reality checks. Anyhow,
last night I was sleeping and in the dream I was in a family gathering and dance contest which I won. During the course I was at a glass table and started to have that, is this a dream reality check, and i touched the glass table and saw a finger print so i said maybe i am dreaming and got up and started to fly all over the room. everyone around me was yelling and screaming to come down and that I lost it. I then woke up or was half awake and tried to do that spinning thing to stay asleep if thats what i was.

MY question is would it be classified as a lucid dream because I hear that when you are lucid that everything seems as conscious or vivid as if you are fully awake and to my remembering it didnt seem that way during the dream although I could see things clearly. After I fully awoke o laid in bed trying to figure it out and then tried to go back to sleep but kept waking up every hour because something was telling me to do this or do that technique to enhance or intensify the lucidity... I also took b-6, choline bitartrate, and melatonin before I went to bed so i dont know if that did anything to me.

jamjam

Re: IS IT A LUCID DREAM?

Postby jamjam » 27 Jul 2012 20:53

If you realised it was a dream then... yes BUT by the looks of it you were semi-lucid.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
jamjam

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 27 Jul 2012 21:06

Hey untouchable, can you explain to me how it felt or how you reconized it was a dream? Because I haven't had a Lucid dream and you seem new and you might be able to recall it.

Untouchable

Postby Untouchable » 28 Jul 2012 02:00

Well I was practicing the tips outlined... you know reality checks during the day, meaning I would act as if i was dreaming and would say ask my self am i dreaming and then would look at the back of my hand or look at writings on a wall or a tv. Also, I take 3 supplements to enhance... b-6, melatonin, and choline bitartrate. All about 45 minutes before i go to bed. Now how I recognized was that I was in the dream and something clicked to do a reality check. When I did something in my head made it seem like something was off but at the same time it wasnt as vivid but I knew It wasnt normal so I said let me try to fly and I did...unfortunatley I woke up after flying in circles twice. I dont think it was full lucid... probably semi which is why I am trying get more feed back from others who have more experience....

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 28 Jul 2012 15:21

Ah alright, Thanks!

Return to “For Beginners”