looking for advice

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ctrain46

looking for advice

Postby ctrain46 » 12 Apr 2017 23:53

hey guys, I've been trying to have lucid dreams for a while now - some days it sort of becomes an afterthought due to my long work days and its hard for me to remember to do reality checks, which I struggle with in general.
lately I havent been remembering any of my dreams so writing in the dream journal seems hard for me to stay motivated to do

any tips or advice guys? seems like im in a rut or something haha

DreamerMan99

Re: looking for advice

Postby DreamerMan99 » 16 Apr 2017 18:59

Make sure you are getting enough sleep. Caffeine in the afternoon can disrupt your sleep cycle, and if you use any other psychoactive drugs you might run into dream recall problems. If I smoke a bit of weed, I almost will never remember my dreams.

My tip for you, as soon as you wake up think about a word or catchphrase that might correlate to your dream. That way, even if you forget your dream, remembering that word will spark up more memories of it. Even writing in a dream journal "could not remember my dream last night" will help with your recall.
Good luck,
Dream on.

ctrain46

Postby ctrain46 » 20 Apr 2017 02:57

damn, I think you pretty much just nailed my problem. I intake a decent amount of caffeine at work, and smoke when I get home to help sleep ... well.. Lol! does anyone have experience with smoking and still having no problems with recall? I'm not even smoking much, just a toke when I need to get ready for sleep - but it seems thats all it takes to disrupt my recall

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 23 Apr 2017 18:07

ctrain46 wrote:damn, I think you pretty much just nailed my problem. I intake a decent amount of caffeine at work, and smoke when I get home to help sleep ... well.. Lol! does anyone have experience with smoking and still having no problems with recall? I'm not even smoking much, just a toke when I need to get ready for sleep - but it seems thats all it takes to disrupt my recall

It will be better for both your health and dream recall if you can teach yourself to sleep without weed. Weed will entirely mess up your dream recall. I've been lucid dreaming and smoking for a long time, and if I smoke I almost never remember my dreams.
Good luck,
Dream on.

ctrain46

Postby ctrain46 » 24 Apr 2017 05:30

OK thanks man, guess there is no mystery on this one

Return to “For Beginners”