Using relaxing wake-up sound for waking up in R.E.M?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
SPACEXe

Using relaxing wake-up sound for waking up in R.E.M?

Postby SPACEXe » 08 May 2017 00:23

Should I use a music / alarm sound that is relaxing and natural so I wakw up in R.E.M more calm and relaxed?

I am a beginner and use FILD - I wake up agter 3hrs and perform FILD.
Yet only 1 successfull lucid dreaming where everything was black and it lasted aprox. 5 secs after I did the nose reality check.

ThePurple

Re: Using relaxing wake-up sound for waking up in R.E.M?

Postby ThePurple » 10 May 2017 17:27

If you're asking this, I'm guessing you find your current alarm very jarring and difficult to come down from? In this case, yeah, change it up.

But really, us internet strangers can't tell you what's best for you. Experiment! Also try waking later, staying up for more or less time, doing different types of things while you're up... Get to know your individual needs, and how you react to different combinations.

But back to wake-up sounds, have you tried none at all? My favourite gentle wake-up is setting intention on the plain old brain-clock: don't set any electronic device, just decide what time you will wake as you go to sleep.

Return to “For Beginners”