Could medicine make lucid dreaming harder?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jexpler

Could medicine make lucid dreaming harder?

Postby Jexpler » 05 Jun 2017 02:11

I'm a teenaged boy and have been professionally diagnosed with OCD. I take medication once a day. Could this make lucid dreaming harder? I also have anxiety but do not take medication for it.
"I won't leave you! Not this time."
-Ashoka Tano (Ashoka vs. Vader)

IvoryPavo

Re: Could medicine make lucid dreaming harder?

Postby IvoryPavo » 27 Jun 2017 16:20

If your medication makes you drowsy then I think it may be more difficult, may require more concentration. I have to take pills for my allergies and the ones that work best make me rather sleepy, so if I go to bed with the intentions of lucid dreaming, I'll wind up just falling asleep and having regular dreams if I've any at all. It's different for everyone, though.. I'm just a drowsy person, anyway. :lol:

As far as anxiety goes, that may make things difficult. I don't try to have lucid dreams when I'm not at peace, as it usually gives me unpleasant experiences. Try to be calm, if you're able. Kindergarten as this advice may sound, it's worth trying to envision things that make you happy and comfort you.
Sometimes it's necessary to reteach a thing its loveliness.

Return to “For Beginners”