How to lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Dreamoflove

How to lucid dream?

Postby Dreamoflove » 21 Jun 2017 15:40

So I just started researching lucid dreaming, and I AM more aware in my dreams, but not lucid yet?? :?: I know it will happen eventually but what is the fastest way without alarms and stuff? :| I don't think the rest of the house would appreciate an alarm clock going off in the middle of the night :|
-Neon :lol: :o

IvoryPavo

Re: How to lucid dream?

Postby IvoryPavo » 27 Jun 2017 23:14

I'm not sure about this way being the quickest but it's certainly quieter than your alarm, hah. ;)

The way I've accomplished lucid dreaming in the past is by resting flat on my back and keeping my hands either to my sides or crossed over my chest (that's just my way of protecting myself in my attempt). I close my eyes and pretty much wait for the sleep to come. Waiting keeps me aware, so when I begin to dream I can recognize it as such. It takes a bit of time, maybe 20 to 30 minutes before feeling that weightlessness, but it works for me. I believe practice will make the process quicken, though!

Also, a bit of advice in preparing for lucid dreams: I suggest that you create some barrier to protect yourself if you haven't already. I like to imagine a bubble around me, and crossing my hands over my chest equally serves as comfort. I think it's important to feel safe before making yourself vulnerable like that. I've had a poor experience because I didn't protect myself beforehand and the problem took time to fade, often times worsening just as I thought things were getting better. I'm not trying to be scary or anything, I just want other dreamers to be cautious. Be very protective of yourself!

Hopefully this is helpful! :D Good luck!
Sometimes it's necessary to reteach a thing its loveliness.

eaglehawk

Postby eaglehawk » 07 Jul 2017 19:25

IvoryPavo wrote:I'm not sure about this way being the quickest but it's certainly quieter than your alarm, hah. ;)

The way I've accomplished lucid dreaming in the past is by resting flat on my back and keeping my hands either to my sides or crossed over my chest (that's just my way of protecting myself in my attempt). I close my eyes and pretty much wait for the sleep to come. Waiting keeps me aware, so when I begin to dream I can recognize it as such. It takes a bit of time, maybe 20 to 30 minutes before feeling that weightlessness, but it works for me. I believe practice will make the process quicken, though!

Also, a bit of advice in preparing for lucid dreams: I suggest that you create some barrier to protect yourself if you haven't already. I like to imagine a bubble around me, and crossing my hands over my chest equally serves as comfort. I think it's important to feel safe before making yourself vulnerable like that. I've had a poor experience because I didn't protect myself beforehand and the problem took time to fade, often times worsening just as I thought things were getting better. I'm not trying to be scary or anything, I just want other dreamers to be cautious. Be very protective of yourself!

please expand more on what cuased the problems and what they were

IvoryPavo

Postby IvoryPavo » 07 Jul 2017 21:56

eaglehawk wrote:
IvoryPavo wrote:I'm not sure about this way being the quickest but it's certainly quieter than your alarm, hah. ;)

please expand more on what cuased the problems and what they were

The problems were caused because I'd not really protected myself/prepared beforehand, and the experience left me very delirious in the waking world. I'm not very comfortable with going into details, but I'll say that I felt like I was still dreaming and I was in a lot of discomfort. I did not feel like myself at all.
Sometimes it's necessary to reteach a thing its loveliness.

Return to “For Beginners”