I'm New - Sleep Aid Questions

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
troubledmae

I'm New - Sleep Aid Questions

Postby troubledmae » 22 Jun 2017 00:11

Hello. I'm completely new to lucid dreaming, I've never lucid dreamed in my life. I'm interested in trying it, and I was curious about a couple things.(yes. I checked the FaQ)
A) I was curious if I'd be able to lucid dream tonight. If so, I'd like to know some tips.
B) I take Diphenhydramine, a sleep aid. I was curious if it affects my ability to lucid dream.
Also, I've already planned what I'd like to do in my dream once I'm in control. I've read many beginner guides to lucid dreaming, so I know some different techniques. Any tips/responses are appreciated!
Imagination is the essence of discovery.

DreamerMan99

Re: I'm New - Sleep Aid Questions

Postby DreamerMan99 » 23 Jun 2017 05:50

Diphenhydramine will definitely impair your ability to lucid dream. I've read studies saying it's extremely harmful for neurological health, are you taking it at the recommended allergy dose or for a sleep aid?
Good luck,
Dream on.

goldenrose

Re: I'm New - Sleep Aid Questions

Postby goldenrose » 28 Jun 2017 01:48

As stated, the sleep aid will hinder your lucid dreaming endeavors.

Lucid dreaming tonight? Well, maybe. It's hit or miss. Most of the time, it takes daily concentration, keeping a dream journal, performing reality checks, trying to stay more "aware" in waking life, etc. There are different methods to try, though; the Wake-Induced Lucid Dreaming (WILD) and the Wake Back to Bed (WBTB) methods have always been most effective to me (You can find these methods on this website or through a quick search online).

Good luck! :)
Darkness is always held up by the light.

Return to “For Beginners”