Help?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
HunterClash

Help?

Postby HunterClash » 14 Jul 2017 11:31

Ok, i am just saying that I cant do wbtb or wild. in fact nothing that requires you to wake up. period.

What techs should i use? DILD is just luck dependant and takes to long to practice.

Also id like a tut :)
LD: 6
1: 4/9/15 - The Plane
2: 7/11/16 - The Voice
3: 8/7/17 - The Self Suggesting Dream
4: 8/17/17 - The Snake
5: 8/19/17 - The Super Speed(Fail)
6: 8/26/17 - The Ball Pool

TheRedDragon666

Re: Help?

Postby TheRedDragon666 » 15 Jul 2017 23:12

There are so many. What part of waking up cant you do?
Dream Lucidly

HunterClash

Postby HunterClash » 16 Jul 2017 08:16

I cannot wake up during the night on purpose with an alarm or etc. If I spontaneously wake up in the night i can perform a FILD but it happens very rarely

TheRedDragon666

Postby TheRedDragon666 » 16 Jul 2017 16:14

I personal don't like alarms, to noisy. You could try drinking some water before bed that way your body is forced to wake up to use the bathroom.

If you have time during the day you could try Lucid Naps and focus on the hypnogogic and hypnopomic states.

Night Time:

Make sure you meditate before going to bed so you can clear your mind of the days events. Then tell your self you will become lucid. You can also ask for blessings from a god to help you wake up with in your dreams. Also you could do the "21 breath" as you fall asleep. Count each breath in and out as 1 and go up to 21.

You can also try counting up to 100 and after each count mentally say "I'm Dreaming" I personal don't like repeating this one. I like dipping in and out of wakefulness. Think of your thought as clouds and try to drop down below them consciously.

Remember to say your intention out loud. Your last thought or feeling you have as you fall asleep will effect the next stage of consciousness. i.e. the dream consciousness.

Think of your body as different effect happening at different times.

When awake your consciousness is very windy or active and as you fall asleep your consciousness slowly drifts down your body form your head chakra to the heart chakra when in deep dreamless sleep. Finally it goes up the the Throat chakra which is where the dream are located. Also in the tibetan system the throat charka is red so as you fall asleep you could try to visualize the letter "ah" and see them as RED

Just remember that we all are not the same. What works for me might not work for you. You need to become your own teacher and practice the best you can with what feel natural to you and the more mindful you are when awake the more mindful you will become as you sleep and lucidly will become more achievable.
Dream Lucidly

HunterClash

Postby HunterClash » 16 Jul 2017 19:03

Thanks TheRedDragon666. I never knew something as lucid dreams existed! I am gonna have a try tonight!

TheRedDragon666

Postby TheRedDragon666 » 16 Jul 2017 19:46

Sure. Just remember that the biggest problem with Lucid Dreaming is discouragement. Make sure you keep practicing no matter how hard it seems. Even if it take awhile keep it up and you will have a lucid dream. Also if you are unfamiliar with being lucid. there are 2 thinks to understand. 1. You probably wont stay lucid for long. It takes time to master staying lucid. 2. Don't let your excitement get to high or you will wake up. It's a slight problem for some.

Lastly just have fun. Dreaming should be an enjoyable experience for you
Dream Lucidly

HunterClash

Postby HunterClash » 08 Aug 2017 15:37

TheRedDragon666 wrote:Sure. Just remember that the biggest problem with Lucid Dreaming is discouragement. Make sure you keep practicing no matter how hard it seems. Even if it take awhile keep it up and you will have a lucid dream. Also if you are unfamiliar with being lucid. there are 2 thinks to understand. 1. You probably wont stay lucid for long. It takes time to master staying lucid. 2. Don't let your excitement get to high or you will wake up. It's a slight problem for some.

Lastly just have fun. Dreaming should be an enjoyable experience for you

I know this is old, but I meant to say that lucid NAPS I never heard of not lucid dreams :roll:

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 09 Aug 2017 13:28

I understand HunterClash. I can't do techniques that require me to wake up because I suffer from insomnia. I've tried WILD a few times and it never works for me. For me it is almost always DILD. So right now I am just trying to create a lucid mindset while awake. Through out the day I question my reality. I also set my intent to have lucid dreams when I go to bed, and if I wake up during the night. I simply say, "I am dreaming!" a couple of time. I'm hoping my that developing a lucid mindset will cause me to lucid dream more often, but this is a long term plan.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 10 Aug 2017 14:03

Hey buddy,

Take my advice with a grain of salt,as I myself have no experience with this yet but if you can't use WBTB or any waking techniques,you might want to give meditation a try.

Here is a story of a guy who was able to achieve near Omnipotence in his lucid dreams,he had an extensive background in meditation,among other "mind-altering" activities:
http://www.jrmooneyham.com/playg.html

I can't say for sure if this story is real. Stephen LaBerge himself has tackled this kind of question in his classic book "Exploring lucid dreaming",we all know that lucid dreaming takes effort and it rarely ever happens unless we make deliberate efforts to induce LD's. so the idea of being stuck with unwanted omnipotence like the guy in the story above seems unlikely. (either that,or his own paranoia is what caused the unwanted omnipotence.) but regardless,it does show that having a background in meditation or other mind-altering activities (that aren't dangerous or illegal,mind you) can be very helpful. You might also want to try Yoga,as the dude in that story apparently had a background in that too.

Again,just my 2 cents. I myself plan to try meditation someday,but I'm waiting for a certain author(an author I really trust)to release his book about it first before diving into it. I plan to try Yoga too myself,but that will probably be in the distant future :lol:

LoneDreamer

Postby LoneDreamer » 23 Aug 2017 13:56

I do meditation when I get the time to. You don't need any author to do it. Just some basic points which can be learned through internet. Although, I haven't become lucid yet, but after the meditation session, its a whole feeling euphoria. For next 30 min, Your vision, taste, hearing and every other senses will get amplified. And you will feel really calm. And won't get angry or sad. Its amazing. You should try it.

Return to “For Beginners”