Had a strange sensation when attempting FILD. Am I on the right track?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
WarmCustard

Had a strange sensation when attempting FILD. Am I on the right track?

Postby WarmCustard » 25 Jul 2017 05:08

So last night I attempted FILD after many previously failed attempts. Not much happened for a while and my mind was wandering hard. However, I managed to calm my mind and focus more on the movement of my fingers.

Eventually, I started feeling a new sensation as if my body was tensing... Almost like my legs were being pushed against my bed. My heart beat also became pretty loud in my head and my head felt like it was vibrating.

This actually happened two or three times but then just seemed to fade away again, it never led to anything. However, my mind would sometimes wander and I'm wondering if this could be pulling me out of the moment...

But is this a good sign towards being lucid? Any ideas if I was close to going lucid? Thanks :D

DreamerMan99

Re: Had a strange sensation when attempting FILD. Am I on the right track?

Postby DreamerMan99 » 05 Aug 2017 03:42

Yes! This is close. Eventually with practice, you'll learn to relax and not get so excited. You'll feel all that, and it will get more intense. You'll hear extremely loud auditory hallucinations and might even have closed eye visuals, and a sensation of being on a roller coaster. And then you'll be transported into a dream!!!
Good luck,
Dream on.

Return to “For Beginners”