Help : Meditation technique

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LoneDreamer

Help : Meditation technique

Postby LoneDreamer » 30 Jul 2017 09:30

I started meditating(2 or 3 weeks ago) before learning about lucid dreaming(learned 3 days ago). But I wanted to know which meditation technique is good for lucid dreaming. I read somewhere that vedic meditation (mantra) has bit different effect than mindfulness. Also I haven't meditated much after I started because of less time. But I can do mantra and mindfulness and breathing type meditation. But which one is best for lucid dreaming(any other techniques can be added too)?

mhi

Re: Help : Meditation technique

Postby mhi » 01 Aug 2017 10:56

I am (semi-)capable of WILD, using something similar to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autogenic_training ; I have built similar method myself when I was about 8-9 years old. I basically had hypnagogic experience sometimes resulting in flying dream. I used this frequently to fall asleep, but I did not know anything about lucid dreaming. About year ago I have found articles about lucid dreaming and it dramatically expanded my playground.

LoneDreamer

Postby LoneDreamer » 01 Aug 2017 13:01

I wanted to know more about meditation. But yes I have started using WILD technique. I hope it works.

mhi

Postby mhi » 02 Aug 2017 18:46

I think there is a lot of meditation techniques that work, I have linked one that is similar to what I have "developed" myself.

TheRedDragon666

Postby TheRedDragon666 » 03 Aug 2017 00:35

For the most part we dont remember our dreams because we are non lucid to them. Just like we are non lucid to daily life. The best meditation is mindfulness meditation but if thats to hard I would start with a montra. It's a good way to focus the mind. Though regular mindfulness meditation is still the best if you ask me.
Dream Lucidly

mhi

Postby mhi » 03 Aug 2017 10:14

TheRedDragon666: are you sure about the "lucit" causality? I think it's because there is some knid of "firewall" between normal and altered states of consciousness memory (dream state is ASC). I can sometimes remember few days old dreams I was not aware of ... in hypnopompic state. Also it seems there is long term dream memory.

LoneDreamer

Postby LoneDreamer » 03 Aug 2017 18:14

Well, I have been doing mindfulness meditation. I still haven't been lucid in a single dream. But I did have two false awakenings.

EnricoGalard

Postby EnricoGalard » 04 Aug 2017 04:21

Meditation has been practiced for centuries and is scientifically proven to reduce stress and heal the mind and body.But trying to find the right meditation technique for you can be completely overwhelming! Mindfulness meditation has been proven to reduce anxiety, depression, stress, pain and even illness.So that is the good for health also.You can read more information regrading Meditation on mindvalleyacademy.com.

LoneDreamer

Postby LoneDreamer » 04 Aug 2017 06:04

Yes, it helps. After doing meditation all senses work high like sight, hearing etc. Also, what I have been using is MILD not WILD.

Return to “For Beginners”