Frustrating

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
eaglehawk

Frustrating

Postby eaglehawk » 06 Aug 2017 21:15

I'm so sick off after over a yes of on off lucid dream
Practising I still can't get a lucid dream last night I dreamt that I was in a hotel and my friend did some guided Lucid dreaming (wtf is that) and we both entered the same dream I the. Dreamt that I was Lucid dreaming in this weird thing and did I reality check to remind myself I'm dreaming but it wasn't me knowing I'm dreaming it was my unconscious dream self knowing I was dreaming in this dream in a dream. Could it be that sometimes I don't always ask myself if I'm dreaming. The m attempting a DILD by writing my dream down and doing RC and once evey few weeks I try something advanced like FILD or WILD please just help I really want this. The worst part is my friend did this in a few weeks and he said any time he wants he can lucid dream. He should me a reality check he said works into the mind super quick it's the one where you pull you hand skin and if your in a dream it stretches

Alandre

Re: Frustrating

Postby Alandre » 10 Aug 2017 04:35

Hi, eaglehawk

I've been trying to have a lucid dream for years now too. At first, I was just a teenager and didn't have the maturity to keep daily logs of my dreams and take the practice seriously. I gave it a break after a scary sleep paralysis episode. Now I'm nearly 5 years older and I've started to practice again. So far, I have not achieved lucidity in my dreams, but the contemplative mood I've learned to explore through meditation has made me feel so peaceful and tolerant ever since I made it a daily exercise, a few weeks ago.

Earlier today, during a dream recall, I had an insight so profound I called my mother and spoke to her hours on the phone. We laughed as old friends; we visited the past and together realize it wasn't hurtful anymore. I made a very deep connection with her as a result of an practice that I initially assumed would only be useful for my pursue of lucidity in the dream world.

What I'm trying to say is: don't be frustrated. Take some time to think about how much your attempts to have lucid dreams have already helped you in your life. You are already experiencing part of what you so much desire, so keep going strong to experience the remaining part of it. You are close.

I wish you all the best! I also hope to share my first lucid dream with you here, and, most importantly, to read about yours.

HunterClash

Re: Frustrating

Postby HunterClash » 10 Aug 2017 06:24

I know you deleted my post but you will be able to say something when you rub hands together, you can do any reality check, but rubbing wlorks best because you can feel the texture, it will get you back in the dream.
LD: 6
1: 4/9/15 - The Plane
2: 7/11/16 - The Voice
3: 8/7/17 - The Self Suggesting Dream
4: 8/17/17 - The Snake
5: 8/19/17 - The Super Speed(Fail)
6: 8/26/17 - The Ball Pool

Return to “For Beginners”