Am I close to lucid dreaming?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
seero

Am I close to lucid dreaming?

Postby seero » 28 Aug 2017 13:33

Hi everyone, I've been trying to lucid dream for a week or two and I'm doing pretty regular reality checks everyday, but unfortunately I cannot keep a dream journal because whenever I wake up, I never remember a single dream I've had, it's extremely rare for me to remember a dream.
Anyway last night I've tried, before going asleep, to repeat the phrase "I will have lucid dream" in my mind over and over, until I got tired and I stopped. But I can clearly remember at a certain moment realized that what I was thinking or doing (I don't remember exactly) was too weird to be real and so saying to myself while I was laying in the bed: "This is a dream!" and suddenly opening my eyes and feeling like my body was much more heavier and hard to move than usual but this thing last just for a few seconds. I surely did not lucid dream, I wasn't in control of my dream because as soon as I realized it I think I woke up. What I'm asking is: am I close to lucid dreaming or is this episode (which, by the way, repeated itself at least twice) completely unrelated to a lucid dream?

HunterClash

Re: Am I close to lucid dreaming?

Postby HunterClash » 28 Aug 2017 16:19

I think what you experienced is sleep paralysis. Were you barely able to move? If then, yes. you were. You had to just imagine a dream environment and relax. You might see or hear scary hallucinations but know that it's not real. Just relax. Fall into the dream. :)

Goodd luck! ;)
LD: 6
1: 4/9/15 - The Plane
2: 7/11/16 - The Voice
3: 8/7/17 - The Self Suggesting Dream
4: 8/17/17 - The Snake
5: 8/19/17 - The Super Speed(Fail)
6: 8/26/17 - The Ball Pool

seero

Postby seero » 29 Aug 2017 12:18

HunterClash wrote:I think what you experienced is sleep paralysis. Were you barely able to move? If then, yes. you were. You had to just imagine a dream environment and relax. You might see or hear scary hallucinations but know that it's not real. Just relax. Fall into the dream. :)

Goodd luck! ;)

It's not like I wasn't able to move. It's more like I knew that if I wanted to I could move whenever and however I wanted, but it would have taken more effort than usual, it was like my body weighed much more than it used to. Can it really be sleep paralysis?

HunterClash

Postby HunterClash » 29 Aug 2017 22:40

it might be an early stage of SP but I think that you were just super relaxed, a perfect condition for WILD.
LD: 6
1: 4/9/15 - The Plane
2: 7/11/16 - The Voice
3: 8/7/17 - The Self Suggesting Dream
4: 8/17/17 - The Snake
5: 8/19/17 - The Super Speed(Fail)
6: 8/26/17 - The Ball Pool

Return to “For Beginners”