newbie post

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
lrac

newbie post

Postby lrac » 31 Aug 2017 16:00

im new here and very interested in lucid dreaming,
i have been reading about lucid dreaming for a while and last night i think i started it off but i panicked and woke up.. or atleast i thought i woke up until i woke up for real...

a friend told me they start it off by forcing yourself into sleep paralysis and told me what they did, so i went to bed last night and after a little while i had a strange feeling of vibrations all over my body and difficulty to breathe (sleep paralysis) i believe.
i cant tell you exactly how things progressed unfortunately as i cant really remember fully now but i do remember telling myself im dreaming and continuously talking to myself about what is going on. (note to self write stuff down!)

majority of the way through i found myself awake with this feeling, i remember looking around at the objects in my room. i then woke up and i 100% remember i fell out of my bed last night twice and heard my partner talking to me.
i felt falling out of the bed and i heard her but when i woke up for real she was adamant that didnt happen (i had to ask her when i woke up)..
im completely confused by this as i dont fully understand what went on.
i also remember and feeling like i was walking around an factory type setting.

im sorry if you cant really make sense of what im saying happened as its all abit foggy now and i cant really remember everything :(
any help or ideas would much appreciated..

Sean Jacobs

Re: newbie post

Postby Sean Jacobs » 07 Sep 2017 19:22

Hi Irac.

It should like you are trying to use the WILD (Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming). This is a technique is difficult for many people. It has never worked for me.

You may want to research and experiment with other techniques to see if others will work better for you.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “For Beginners”