Did I just have a Lucid Dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
CodenameHaswell

Did I just have a Lucid Dream?

Postby CodenameHaswell » 03 Oct 2017 05:57

I was trying to fall asleep and of course when you try to fall asleep your mind wanders and puts yourself in different scenarios and you eventually fall asleep and start dreaming. My mind put myself in this scenario. I was on top of this tower, overlooking the city, with my cat (for some reason??) and my cat had a parachute on when I looked at her the first time, then the next thing I know, I see her jumping off this tower without her parachute! I guess my mind immediately thought "Oh my God! She doesn't have her parachute, I must go after her!" But right after this, I thought "man, what's going to happen to me if I jump off here? I don't have a parachute." I jump off the tower.

So, I'm still partially awake in real life. I know that my mind is wandering while I'm trying to fall asleep. I jump off the tower. It instantly feels like when you're lying still and you feel like you're falling, but way, way more intense. It becomes "lucid." I feel and hear the air rush past me as I am falling. I rush of adrenaline soon ensues because after all, I just realized I am dreaming and that I am falling to what I thought was my death! Everything is blurry and I can just tell I am getting closer to the ground. I hit the ground. I look at my surroundings. I am in my grandfather's front yard. Everything has a reddish tint, the best way I can explain it is it was like I am standing under a red spotlight. There's tons of motion blur. I look at my hands and I can't really make them out. I run towards my grandfather's house. I try to open the door, but for some reason, my hands wouldn't work the way I wanted them to. I tried to grab the door knob, but my hands were stuck in some dumb way, kind of bent at the wrists forward. But the door magically opens by itself! I go to walk into the house and I instantly wake up, but when I wake up I get the worst thing possible. Two words. Sleep Paralysis. I open my eyes as the dream ends and I instantly see the keyboard I am typing this on glowing with the green and blue colors that I have set. I instantly know I'm back in real life, but I can't move. I've done my research on this. I've never actually been in sleep paralysis, but my confused mind instantly knows what it is. I can't move at all, I'm just looking straight ahead. I know that if I don't get out of it soon I'm going to start hallucinating scary stuff like what people say will happen. I try to squeeze my hands together. It doesn't work. I try again. I try one more time. I come awake unscathed. I instantly go to my dream journal and write my experience down. This is one I don't want to forget. Did I just have a Lucid Dream?

Sean Jacobs

Re: Did I just have a Lucid Dream?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 03 Oct 2017 21:57

Hi CodenameHaswell. It does sound like you achieves some level of lucidity. I'm wondering if your sleep paralysis was actually a false awakening, where you think your awake but you are actually still dreaming.

I hope you have another LD very soon.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 14 Oct 2017 01:10

Now that you've experienced sleep paralysis and come away unscathed, I think you can probably do away with characterizing it as the "worst thing possible." Don't you?

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 18 Oct 2017 17:48

ThePurple wrote:Now that you've experienced sleep paralysis and come away unscathed, I think you can probably do away with characterizing it as the "worst thing possible." Don't you?

Yeah I've had sleep paralysis and even seen scary stuff superimposed on my regular bedroom but after having it a few times and then hearing other people's experiences I'm definitely not so afraid of it now. Then again it's been awhile since I've had it and I'm sure it will be pretty scary to actually have it. But if I get it I'll just write about it

Return to “For Beginners”