Introduction and Beginner Failure

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
rabid

Introduction and Beginner Failure

Postby rabid » 01 Nov 2017 11:50

Hi from London,
How exciting to discover a whole forum about this!
It's something I have been interested in the idea of for years but have finally got around to researching a bit more now.
My dreams are always very interesting, and often get very left field art ideas in them. I also hear amazing music in my dreams. I really wanted to see if LD could help me tap into this a bit more. I also thought it sounded like a lot of fun.

So, this last weekend I had the unusual opportunity of 4 days with no work and the family away. So I got ready and did a lot of reading.
I got some herbal supplements, read a book, did the reality checks through the day, meditated before sleep and woke up 5 hours after falling asleep. I also kept the dream journal

Sadly after doing this 5 nights in a row, I had no success. Yes, I probably dreamt more as I was sleeping longer in total, and also waking up at 5hrs, in probably REM state. I also recalled a lot more detail in my dreams than usual, again probably from actively trying to recall them.
The closest I got to LD was dreaming about LD! I did see something odd in one of my dreams and did a reality check....(the hand one) but it actually worked following real life physics. It was all very hazy as well, so I think I was just dreaming about LD as it had been on my mind that day.

Is it possible for everyone to LD with time? I realise I haven't given it much time.
How long does it normally take for people to get there?
Thanks for any tips
R

eaglehawk

Re: Introduction and Beginner Failure

Postby eaglehawk » 29 Dec 2017 11:31

Mate I’ve been trying on off for two years just got back in for my fourth time round just keep trying

Return to “For Beginners”