Help with Lucid Dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
HarveyG

Help with Lucid Dreaming

Postby HarveyG » 03 Nov 2017 13:03

For the past 3-4 days i have been attempting to lucid dreaming every night but have not yet achieved it. I have been using the wake up method where i set up my alarm for 6 hours after i fall asleep then i wake up, say my mantra then go back to sleep. However, after i do the mantra, i find it extremely difficult to get back to sleep. I just sit there and picture a dream rather then just going to sleep. Last night i forgot to set an alarm after i went to sleep at like 12 ish and then without an alarm i woke up at 6, i completed the mantra but still i just find it so hard to fall asleep and when i do end up falling asleep i feel like ive forgot the mantra or i just dont have a vivid dream. Early this morning i attempted to go into sleep paralysis and picture a dream but although i can kinda control the dream it just feels like im imaging it and i can just picture it rather then be actually in the dream. Sorry for the long text but wanted to get in as much info as possible. Any advice will be helpful. Thanks!

Sph2o

Re: Help with Lucid Dreaming

Postby Sph2o » 04 Nov 2017 08:24

Congrats on three very valid and good first attempts! Here are a few points that may help in having your first lucid dream.

Research the different techniques, yes, there are a few, of how to enter a lucid dream. Each one may work better or worse for different people to experimenting with the different types to find the one you're most comfortable with is a good start.

One main tactic in becoming lucid in a dream in to check references, make a habit of checking your hands, a line of text, or a clock throughout the day, a reality check sort to speak, so that this habit carries into your dreams. The idea is that these items rarely stay constant like they would in the real world so when your hands are warped or the clock moved six hours ahead in the span of a glance, you may realize that you are in fact dreaming.

Another tactic is to establish an anchor to reality that may be perceived and recognized in the dream. This may be a consistent sound, like soft music or a ticking clock, or a prominent scent nearby that will be out of place enough to be seen as odd, even in sleep. This, like the reality check, will solidify the fact that there is something off in your environment, and move your mind to the conclusion that you are dreaming. Hope this helps and I wish you Good Luck.

HarveyG

Re: Help with Lucid Dreaming

Postby HarveyG » 07 Nov 2017 14:30

Sph2o wrote:Congrats on three very valid and good first attempts! Here are a few points that may help in having your first lucid dream.

Research the different techniques, yes, there are a few, of how to enter a lucid dream. Each one may work better or worse for different people to experimenting with the different types to find the one you're most comfortable with is a good start.

One main tactic in becoming lucid in a dream in to check references, make a habit of checking your hands, a line of text, or a clock throughout the day, a reality check sort to speak, so that this habit carries into your dreams. The idea is that these items rarely stay constant like they would in the real world so when your hands are warped or the clock moved six hours ahead in the span of a glance, you may realize that you are in fact dreaming.

Another tactic is to establish an anchor to reality that may be perceived and recognized in the dream. This may be a consistent sound, like soft music or a ticking clock, or a prominent scent nearby that will be out of place enough to be seen as odd, even in sleep. This, like the reality check, will solidify the fact that there is something off in your environment, and move your mind to the conclusion that you are dreaming. Hope this helps and I wish you Good Luck.

Thanks alot man for the help, the other day i wrote LD on my wrist and everytime i saw it i did a reality check and now i am doing reality checks every hour or so by habit which is really good. As a reality check i am counting my fingers, then seeing if my hand can go through my other hand, then also holding my nose to see if i can still breathe through it. No success so far but hopefully soon. If you know any other effective techniques that would be helpful. Thanks!

Return to “For Beginners”