New, Very interested in inner work with LD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
kanaloa

New, Very interested in inner work with LD

Postby kanaloa » 03 Aug 2012 03:37

Hello. I'm brand new to this. I am a person passionate about inner work, psychological and inner work approaches to growth. I'm currently involved in a group called the 4th Way that is a non-traditional, plain english approach to inner work (it's a spiritual approach, I just hate that word).
I'm very interested in how LD can be used to directly work with the unconscious and to bring about deep psychological integration and unfoldment.
I have attempted dream work in the past from a psychodynamic framework, but I have horrendous dream recall, and I cannot get anywhere looking for meaning within dreams after the fact. The exception is the one or two big dreams I have a year.
I have LD'ed a half dozen or so times in the past. Most of the time briefly. The biggest one was as a child, where I found myself in the movie Aliens shooting them with no fear of harm, even though it seemed real.

I have been keeping a dream journal for a week now, and I swear that I was close to becoming aware in a dream several nights ago.

I have one question, does this tend to be more difficult for people who don't tend to remember dreams? I literally can only count on one hand the amount of dreams that I remember or affect me, annually. I haven't had a nightmare since I was a child. I'm 29. But I notice that when I'm working with a part of myself in waking life (see Internal Family Systems), or when I'm turning a corner with myself, I tend to have larger, more symbolically relevant dreams that I actually remember.

Another issue is that I have a subconscious fear of the dream world. It's like the fear of the dark. I fear an unstable environment, or that there's some malevolent forces that may overwhelm me. Such as how in the dark you may imagine something there to get you. I wonder if this creates a block for me?
http://theinnerroad.blogspot.com/

Return to “For Beginners”