Does LD feel like real life

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ThatDarnDreamer

Does LD feel like real life

Postby ThatDarnDreamer » 04 Aug 2012 21:24

If i have a MILD lucid dream and i became somebody else would it feel like feel life and would i sound like that person and would i be able to touch my body like i would in real life

Shadow

Re: Does LD feel like real life

Postby Shadow » 04 Aug 2012 21:50

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 04 Aug 2012 22:42

ThatDarnDreamer wrote: i became somebody else would it feel like feel life and would i sound like that person and would i be able to touch my body like i would in real life

Is that what your real life is like? I haven't had the experience of being someone else yet, but lucid dreams are as real as waking life for sure. I especially like touching it because it's so real.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 05 Aug 2012 01:16

Yeah, I'm kinda puzzled by the example you give.

But, yes... a lucid awareness experience is every bit as real as this physical reality experience is.

I've been doing many tests lately during my own projections in an effort to test just how "real" it is.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Roseburg

Postby Roseburg » 05 Aug 2012 01:41

I think sometimes they can be more real than real. Take for instance you become lucid and decide to kneel down and run your fingers through the dream worlds grass- it feels rich and cool, it suddenly intensifies in colour and then you smell it's aroma, you are acutely aware in the lucid state, able to connect with more sensations than in waking life. Sometimes it is more absorbing than the waking world.But then there is the ability to shift things around, the lucid world is not bound by the same laws of physics that our awake world is. There you can fly, manifest things, create energy and manipulate energy, manipulate the very scene you experiencing, change the colors, the smells the sounds, the people- you can levitate, you can levitate objects, you can hear thoughts, sometime predict future events. SO in that way it is nothing like real life - although I don't like to use the word real life, because your dreaming life is just as real as your waking world , it is however experienced in a different way. The dreaming world is actually more complicated I think, but fun at the same time.

Return to “For Beginners”