I just started Lucid Dreaming, something strange happened

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

I just started Lucid Dreaming, something strange happened

Postby KFCTeletubbie » 05 Aug 2012 01:44

Hello all, I'm new to this whole lucid dreaming thing, but I think it's something that comes naturally to me because I got to it very quickly.

It started late last night when I just started looking into this stuff because I've been very lazy lately, and my girlfriend broke up with me a few weeks back and I haven't really put myself back "out on the market" yet.

So I was bored and all so I did a little research, I drew an A on my left palm and constantly repeated to myself "When I'm dreaming, I will realize that I'm dreaming." It took my a solid hour and a half to fall asleep like this, but when I woke up... I realized that nothing happened.

I had a perfectly "normal" non-lucid dream (the reason the ""s are there is because the dream was quite odd, like most of my dreams.) I realized it was 6 AM and it was Saturday, so I slept for 3 more hours.

While I was asleep, I pictured a dream cloud like you would see in cartoons (like the one episode of Spongebob :lol: ) and saw two figures in it. One of them, I noticed, was myself. I kind of locked on to my figure and suddenly I was in a desert, but it still feels kind of fuzzy. I didn't say "CLARITY, NOW!" or anything, I was just excited to be there. I thought of everything I can do, and wanted to head to those clear water Caribbean beaches I see on commercials. So I closed my eyes tight, and when I opened I was there! Then I noticed a small boat, and the Beach Boys were on it playing their song "Kokomo." :lol: Then... I woke up. It was around 9, and I tried to fall back asleep, but I couldn't.

Is there anything I should try because of this? I know I'm definitely giving the "Clarity, now!" thing a shot if I can realize I'm dreaming tonight (I've been doing reality checks all day, and I tried to take a nap in the afternoon but I couldn't fall asleep in the time I allocated for it.)

Re: I just started Lucid Dreaming, something strange happene

Postby torakrubik » 05 Aug 2012 23:41

The next step is stabilizing your dreams. Demanding clarity will bring everything into focus for you, then try to engage all your senses by rubbing your hands together, etc :)
Dreaming is my drug

Return to “For Beginners”