WILD or not?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
AngelXdv

WILD or not?

Postby AngelXdv » 10 Aug 2012 10:25

Yeah,hi again. I wondered if my experiences are WILD's. In most of my childhood's sleep-in-bed(sleep) before I went to sleep I would imagine something. And than boof! It came like an image in front of my eyes. Then,after a while looking at the scene(I mean no hypnagogia just the image that pops up) this weird like rotating sensation came,like if you are spinning yourself, and I liked it. This was happening like 6/7 days a week. And every time another scene. Sometimes it was Titanic,something magic,a fantasy setting,etc. But I always opened my eyes. It was a little scary at the time. And my body(not sure if lazyness)felt like waxed. And I would push a little to brake the stance. Now, I didn't have these experiences,they stoppped like 3 years ago. But 2 days ago,I was thinking of a PC game and an image popped up like if I was at my PC playing it. Then the rotating sensation again. But there are no hypnagogic images. WHY? I always pop my image already. No hypnagogia. And what's the spinning sensation? I belive it is the transition but I am not sure. So I tell is it WILD? Like 1 month ago the experiences came again. And by then I had like 3 experiences. So are those WILDs? Because no hypnagogia sounds rather strange.

Peter

Re: WILD or not?

Postby Peter » 10 Aug 2012 23:21

If you were aware from fully awake to a dream then it was WILD. There is no set process for a WILD so HI or no HI is fine. Just whatever works is correct for you
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

AngelXdv

Postby AngelXdv » 11 Aug 2012 19:51

But still what is with the spinning sensation? It almost makes me open my eyes every time.

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Aug 2012 20:51

I think it is when you start to lose some of you normal senses as you transition into a dream state and in that case is precedes the feeling of loss of gravity and becomes falling or is another version of loss of gravity. There is rushing away, falling, spinning, floating and they are all related to cutting of senses that anchor us in the normal world. Next time just fell happy that you are so close to dream entry
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Aug 2012 20:36

I've had a lot of strange sensations in WILD including spinning, falling, vibrating etc. sometimes with HI, sometimes without. Had one time where I went directly into an LD less than 30 seconds after closing my eyes. So there are real wide variety if sensations you can experience on the way from waking to dream states. There's no right or wrong, the main thing is to try to maintain awareness through them and mentally prepare yourself ahead of time for what might be a WILD ride.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”