Multiple false awakenings

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
dyson123

Multiple false awakenings

Postby dyson123 » 14 Aug 2012 18:39

Hi, I just had my first lucid dream last night. I remember waking up in a medieval castle and I rubbed my hand and felt that the sensation was strange so I instantly became lucid. I walked around, and called my childhood friend into the dream. I closed all the washroom doors since i've heard mirrors will freak you out when you look at them :o (is this really true?). After a few moment, I find myself waking up in the first room again (with minor differences, +- a door or a window), and this time I did the same hand rubbing test and became lucid once again. This happened another two times, each about 10-15min between each other but in the last two, I did not need to test to become lucid; I did not lose lucidity when the false awakening happened. Then, I was woken up by a phone ring and in my dream, I could hear it and knew it was the end of the dream.

It seems to me that the false awakenings were "timed" as if to reset the dream after a certain period of time and it is very annoying to have to imagine the scene that I was "reset" from to continue with my mind's story line.

Is there any way to prevent this?

PS: I didn't feel any touch, taste, or smell in my dream. I did experience gravity shift when I probably rolled over on my bed. Any way to enhance these three senses?

Ryan

Re: Multiple false awakenings

Postby Ryan » 15 Aug 2012 02:32

dyson123 wrote:Hi, I just had my first lucid dream last night. I remember waking up in a medieval castle and I rubbed my hand and felt that the sensation was strange so I instantly became lucid. I walked around, and called my childhood friend into the dream. I closed all the washroom doors since i've heard mirrors will freak you out when you look at them :o (is this really true?).

If you've "heard" that looking at a mirror will "freak you out"... what do you think will happen if you go ahead and look at a mirror? Your belief (yup, it's a belief, even if you *think* you don't believe it... you closed the doors giving it power to your subconscious) is enough to create the reality within yourself and you will "freak".

Ignore that which you hear from other people and just experience. Go forth! Be fearless! You can't be hurt. :)

After a few moment, I find myself waking up in the first room again (with minor differences, +- a door or a window), and this time I did the same hand rubbing test and became lucid once again. This happened another two times, each about 10-15min between each other but in the last two, I did not need to test to become lucid; I did not lose lucidity when the false awakening happened. Then, I was woken up by a phone ring and in my dream, I could hear it and knew it was the end of the dream.

It seems to me that the false awakenings were "timed" as if to reset the dream after a certain period of time and it is very annoying to have to imagine the scene that I was "reset" from to continue with my mind's story line.

Is there any way to prevent this?

PS: I didn't feel any touch, taste, or smell in my dream. I did experience gravity shift when I probably rolled over on my bed. Any way to enhance these three senses?

Well first, those weren't false awakenings. A false awakening is when you "supposed" wake up, and you act as if you've waken up... yet you're still actually experiencing the non-physical.

From what you've said... each time, you knew from the get go that you were non-physical.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “For Beginners”