It happened!!.... for a second.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Desire2Dream

It happened!!.... for a second.

Postby Desire2Dream » 16 Aug 2012 16:59

I was trying to find my way home, which I believe subconsciously was waking up, and a woman I knew tossed me a mirror which floated towards me. Shoulda picked up on it right there, but I digress. Anyway, I asked myself, "wait.. don't you use these when you're dreaming? Am I dreaming? I'M DREAMING!" I said it multiple times and everything became incredibly vivid. There was a blonde woman in a yellow dress and rather than just dreaming it, I was actually there looking at it. That's when I got too excited. I tried to stay calm, but I was too excited. It happened and ended so quickly that I thought it might not have even happened. But it did! This is good progress.

BioProton

Re: It happened!!.... for a second.

Postby BioProton » 16 Aug 2012 19:40

That's great! Your first lucid dream! Though it didn't last long. I'm a beginner and I've yet to have a lucid dream, but I remember reading that the first thing to do upon becoming lucid is to stabilize the dream so that you don't wake up. I'm curious though, what techniques have you been using?

Desire2Dream

Re: It happened!!.... for a second.

Postby Desire2Dream » 17 Aug 2012 19:24

Honestly, just a dream journal and meditation. I've been readin that recall checks during the day really don't help all that much. And just been keeping it in the back of my mind almost all the time.

Return to “For Beginners”