Hello, i have a question

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Gem25

Hello, i have a question

Postby Gem25 » 26 Jun 2011 17:39

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and have a question.
I have been trying to have a lucid dream for a very long time, have been practicing for 2 years now.
But still no success.
What i do is go to bed and stay focused and after a while blurred images appear and sometimes sounds, but as soon as these images appear, my mind seems to realise that i am seeing images and shocks me awake. Thats the best way i can describe it.
I thought my mind would be used to it by now but it happens everytime.
A couple of times when i wasn't even trying to have lucid dream, i went to bed and a complete dream scene forms. of course mind jolts me awake. But it is so fustrating and dissapointing.
Is there any tips or techniques you can do to stop this shock/jolting?
Just wondered if anyone else has been through this when you were a beginner and how to get over it?

Thanks for help

rdubya

Re: Hello, i have a question

Postby rdubya » 27 Jun 2011 00:50

A couple of times when i wasn't even trying to have lucid dream, i went to bed and a complete dream scene forms. of course mind jolts me awake. But it is so fustrating and dissapointing.

sounds like a LD to me. They do appear to come at "random" sometimes. Don't get frustrated with yourself. Keep meditating, and remember when you enter a LD, say "Yes! I am in a LD." But dont get more excited than that. As soon as you realize you are in a LD, do what you planned to do while you were awake.

tornadodude

Re: Hello, i have a question

Postby tornadodude » 27 Jun 2011 03:09

well, it seems your mind isn't used to remembering dreams.to increase dream awarness, try meditating or keeping a dream journal. I've only been practicing for 3 days and my dreams have dramaticly improved :D
you see that picture above my name? ya, you'll be seeing that in your nightmares tonight

Return to “For Beginners”